Tome of Battle Game (probing for interest)

gabrion

First Post
Basically what the title says. I'm wondering if anyone would be interest in playing (or running) a game that focussed mostly around the new themes found in the Tome of Battle: The book of Nine Swords.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
hafrogman said:
Might be interested. . . I own the book but sadly haven't really had time to look at it yet.
Same boat here. I'm interesting in playing, but haven't had a chance to look at the book too much.

I'd be interested in a game with a theme of almost any of the books, though... :)

Azaar

Explorer
I'm still looking through the book as well, but I won't deny that the swordsage looks quite appealing to me. Consider me interested. :)

Voidrazor

First Post
If I have time, I'm interested in taking a stab at a spiked chain weilding Crusader. What level and allowed books did you have in mind?

gabrion

First Post
Voidrazor said:
If I have time, I'm interested in taking a stab at a spiked chain weilding Crusader. What level and allowed books did you have in mind?

Well if I were to run it I would start somewhere from 4th-8th level. I have a thing against super low level PbP games (since level-ups are few and far between), but I'm also still familiarizing myself with the system, so a high level game would be a bad idea. I own most WotC 3.5 books, but I would hope to have people draw heavily on the ToB for characters. The story would probably center around the nine disciplines of the sublime way being split apart and the party having to reunite them.

To be honest, I would like it if someone else wanted to DM such a game (in which case the above could be taken as a statement of what/how I would like to play). I am tossing around a possibility of running the game myself, but I'm just not sure yet.

For the people who've expressed interest in this thread, what kind of game would you like to see with regards to level, sources, setting, story, etc.?

Azaar

Explorer
Story and setting, as you've described it, sounds good to me. Extra material... depends. I would be curious about whether LA+ races would be allowed, or if you want PHB races only. As for level, I'm in complete agreement about super-low level games. Far too many of the play-by-post games I've been involved in here seem to die out -- and virtually every one of them were games with 1st-level characters. A mid-level range sounds better to me.

Masquerade

First Post
Keep it closer to the 4th than the 8th and I am certainly interested. Haven't yet had the chance to explore the book enough to have a character concept in mind, but I can definately come up with something if this gets off the ground.

As far as "setting, story, etc." goes, I am pretty open. I like your idea of centering the story around the book's own mythology.

Remove ads