• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tome of Battle Game (probing for interest)

Azaar

Explorer
Incentives indeed. I'd actually not looked at the prestige classes until now, but the Jade Phoenix Mage is a rather tempting choice. Hmm...

Masquerade: I humbly suggest the changeling for your concept. I swear the beguiler class was made specifically with changelings in mind, and one day I hope to have the chance to play that concept if I can find a game to do so.

I'm tempted to pursue the same path myself and also go for Jade Phoenix Mage, although I'm pondering Swordsage 2/Warmage 4 as the basis. Just a pity I can't fit 3 levels of Swashbuckler into the build and wield a rapier. Virtual bladesinger without being an elf -- but I'm playing that concept (on epic steroids and with Arcane Strike, to boot) already. But I'll let Masquerade and ByteRynn make their calls on that, since they did mention the idea first. I don't want to feel like I'm stepping on anyone's toes, after all.

Just a pity I can't figure out a way to combine Swordsage and Warlock. :p

Voidrazor

First Post
Azaar said:
Just a pity I can't figure out a way to combine Swordsage and Warlock. :p

I don't have my books in front of me, but it seems like the combination would work pretty well. Maybe 4 levels of Warlock and 2 of Swordsage (IL 4). You could take that ability that lets Warlocks add their eldritch blasts to weapon damage and a manuever or two that also adds to weapon damage.

gabrion

First Post
Hey everyone, I've made a real recruitment thread for this game here.

Please post any further questions/comments/characters/etc. there rather than here.

Remove ads