White Wolf's secret Project involves Monte?

shaylon

First Post
According to this thread and sort of confirmed by the White Wolf LJ, the new secret project is titled "A World of Darkness by Monte Cook". This will be Monte's last project as a game designer, at least for the time being. It was announced in a White Wolf seminar at GenCon Socal, supposedly by accident. Live Journal link here

So, none of this is actually confirmed but what do people think?

-Shay

Frostmarrow

First Post
-Didn't they just redo WoD?

I don't get it. But if it's anything like Monte's Call of Cthulhu it might be worth a look (because that's a five star product) but I can bring myself to be excited about this.

Besides, I don't care what they say; we haven't seen the last of Monte yet. I'm sure he'll be back sooner or later. I mean you can't just quit D&D, can you?

The_Old_one

First Post
Ok, this is officially surprising. It's also something that I'm pretty conflicted about...do I react with my usual contempt for White Wolf and the WoD? Or with my usual fanboy love of Monte's work?

Gaahhh...can't focus...mind splintering...

shaylon

First Post
Well speculation is that it will be d20 although that is not confirmed. Who the heck knows?

I am fairly certain it will be good, no matter what he does with it. Monte has done a great job with nearly everything he has done, I expect nothing but the best.

As to the comments above about Monte being back, who knows? He stated somewhere that he was staying in a closely related field to gaming, which could be writing fantasy/sci-fi. I expect we haven't seen the last of him, but then again, I thought the same thing about Barry Sanders and he never came back to play pro football. We'll see, I hope he at least stays around the gaming community, but I would love to see him continue to design.

-Shay

Remove ads