• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Trouble at Durbenford - OOC - Running

michael_noah

First Post
Encounters Won:
[sblock]Assassin Vine: 350 XP to all party members.
Frost Giant: 700 XP to all party members.
Yrthak: 900 XP to Jasper and Zagnak
Yrthak: 700 XP to Ruathen, Konstantine, Padraig, Gil
Clay Golem: 1050 XP to Jasper and Zagnak
Clay Golem: 900 XP to Ruathen, Konstantine, Padraig, Gil
[/sblock]

Treasure Found:
[sblock]Frost Giant:
130 Platinum
Wand - sold
[/sblock]

Experience Adjustments for death, etc.
[sblock]Jasper: -4000xp
Zagnak: -4000xp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lazlow

First Post
Rock on! Haven't been in a pbp game in a while, thanks for choosing me!

Alrighty folks, what say we get our party history fleshed out? Looks like we can still go with the majority of the group having served together in the military, what with Padraig, Little Gil, Jaspar, and Gwennath all being veterans. From Dichotomy's suggestion in his background, Konstantine may have met these four while "serving" as an army captain at some point. Zagnak's background is a little different, though, as a sort of a loner druid. My earlier suggestion of Zagnak and Gil having come from the same town might still work, even though Zagnak left at a very young age. Or maybe they just became friends along the way, drawn together by their racial ties.

Just my two cents. Any other ideas?

As far as Little Gil goes, my idea for him is that he's skillful, quick-witted, and charming, even (for a half-orc), but just has no horse sense. He's much too curious for his own good, and when his attention is engaged by interesting/pretty/shiny things, he's fairly oblivious to anything else. He's good at getting himself into places and/or situations he shouldn't be without being noticed - it's the getting OUT that he's got problems with. This may be part of the reason he stayed in the military for longer than he might have wanted, just knowing that someone would always (usually?) be there to bail him out. (Maybe Padraig? Would a grizzled old vet feel sorry for a promising greenhorn that's too naive for his own good?)

Dichotomy

Explorer
There's totally potential for Konstantine to have been in the military. I'll try to think of more ideas later (I'm on lunch break now). As a bard, it would be very easy to adapt whatever role I may have had in the military to facilitate connections with the other party members.

hero4hire

Explorer
Awesome! I made it!

As for Zagnak and meeting. He actually has somewhat of a mercenary bent and has hired himself out to mercenary companies and small armies who wished to travel through the wilds.

He would have a soft spot for anyone who went through the same prejudice he has as well. So that works as well.

michael_noah

First Post
I'll give us all a few days to get situated, flesh out the backstory, etc; then I'll post the game thread, around Wednesday-Thursday, the 10th-11th.

Lazlow

First Post
Speaking of Thursday the 11th, I'll actually be out of town from that Thursday through Sunday, and most likely won't be posting during those days. There's a slight chance that I may, but I wouldn't count on it. After that, though, I'm good.

randomling

First Post
Hurrah! :) Great to be here.

I like the "met in the military" idea very much, and Gwennath is the type to make friends pretty easily, so that would tie together very nicely.

michael_noah

First Post
I've decided that there's not a whole lot of reason to keep the roleplay on hold, especially considering Lazlow's upcoming short absence. Feel free to get started here.

For in character posts, please conform to the standard conventions of the boards here. Feel free to post in this thread to claim a color for your character's dialogue. Italicize any "thought bubbles", and contain any immediately game relevant OOC notes in sblocks.

Please do continue to discuss the back story, tactics, etc. here. I hope that getting the roleplaying started at your leisure will only give you more inspiration for such.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads