• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forniture book?

notjer

First Post
I got a question from a friend, she has played The Sims a lot, and she loves it etc., however she seemed very facinated by D&D because she doesnt like the restriction in The Sims and was asking me something like this:"Do you have books for forniture like, ehm you know, like in The Sims where you can build your own house?".

I only know about The strongholder building guide, but not about anything which is entirely about forniture. Im pretty sure that there is not one like that, even though it is roleplaying I dont think that many people who create stuff for D&D play with dolls on a computer and create their own house in second life.

der_kluge

Adventurer
notjer said:
I got a question from a friend, she has played The Sims a lot, and she loves it etc.,

WINNER!
Notjer is hereby awarded the prize for the Most Unnecessary Insertion Of An "etc." ever - the coveted "MUIOAetc" Award!

YEA!!

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
If you are referring to just general furniture - chairs, couch, tables and such then perhaps the craft (carpentry) is all you really need. The rules aren't detailed at all, but that would be a way to go. You could break down the cost for smaller amounts of a substance and modify the price and crafting times to reflect multiple different materials. Perhaps a certain style of pattern would change how long it takes to create an object: a crude object could take less time and one that is masterfully detailed using Master Aerianal's delicate silver gilding could take twice as long and require 0.5lb of silver per lb of object - or something like that.

Just a thought and hopefully I am somewhat close to what you are asking.

Basically I am saying house rule it.

Ambrus

Explorer
If your friend likes the idea of a catalogue with various mundane items for purchase then there's nothing better than the 2e Forgotten Realms supplement Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. Good luck finding a copy though; I'm not letting mine out of my hands.

Some of the items from that book were snuck into the 3.0 Arms & Equipment Guide.

Remove ads