Super-duper Community Supporter Account offer!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The automated Community Supporter Account purchasing system is very ill at the moment, so until EN World II comes along it looks likely that I may have to process them manually (I'll update here if we manage to fix it before then).

So, for the moment, new CS purchases and CS renewals will need to be sent to me directly by PayPal. My PayPal address is russmorrissey@gmail.com. Paypal accepts most major credit cards, so you don't have to have a balance in your account.

To make it easier, I've set up a link below - there will be an otion to fill in your username.

So, what's the super-duper offer?

Yep, I haven't mentioned that bit yet! Since I'm gonna be doing them manually, I figured I may as well take advantage of it to do something interesting.

It's like this: instead of 12 months, I'll give you 18 months.

And if you buy two (2 x $19.99), then instead of two years, or even three years, I'll give you four years.

And finally, if you buy a CS account as a gift for someone else, I'll give them, instead of 12 months, two full years.

You can include as many in the same payment as you wish, up to three (two for yourself, one for someone else; or any lesser combination thereof). There will be an option to select how many you wish to buy. If you buy for someone else, make sure you put their username in the notes field! I will leave it to you to surprise them with a PM telling them about your gift.

Yes, it's a fairly "complicated" offer, but we all play D&D, right?

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread!

Turnaround Time

It may take me a day or two to process your purchase. I promise to do them as quickly as I can!

What's a Community Supporter Account?

Ah, yes, it occurs to me that some peope may not know.

A community supporter is somebody who has donated to EN World in order to help cover the costs of servers, hosting and so on. Many of the features of the messageboards are very server-intensive (in particular, the search feature) and cost the administrator (that's me!) a lot of money to provide in terms of server costs. Therefore, in order to use these intensive features, you are asked to donate towards their cost by purchasing a community supporter account.

The features available only to community supporters are Search, Private Messaging and Custom User Titles.

In addition, EN World II will be offering some extra CS bonuses, but this super-duper offer won't extend that long... so get it cheap while you can!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
By my accounting the ENGS store still owes me over 60 bucks, and emails to get a payout have gone unanswered.

So what'll you give me for 3 years?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wulf Ratbane said:
By my accounting the ENGS store still owes me over 60 bucks, and emails to get a payout have gone unanswered.

So what'll you give me for 3 years?

You've not emailed me about that, Wulf. If it's any consolation, it owes me about $1,500. ENGS was not owned by EN World, although I have paid off as much of its debts as I could, to my detriment, because it unfortunately had "EN World" in its name.

I will credit you with five years and add another $60 to the money ENGS owes me. Thanks.

[Edit - done. Let me know if it didn't take].

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I was not trying to be snotty, by the way. Sorry.

I emailed once or twice, and got no reply-- true enough-- but it wasn't a big deal, so I wasn't hounding anybody about it.

Your post just gave me an opportunity to mention it.

Again, sorry for the way that came across.

EDIT: And since the money's not yours, and crediting me does you no good, I'm happy to put it right back in "not a big deal" territory.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wulf Ratbane said:
I was not trying to be snotty, by the way. Sorry.

I emailed once or twice, and got no reply-- true enough-- but it wasn't a big deal, so I wasn't hounding anybody about it.

Your post just gave me an opportunity to mention it.

Again, sorry for the way that came across.

EDIT: And since the money's not yours, and crediting me does you no good, I'm happy to put it right back in "not a big deal" territory.

No worries; I've paid off everyone else's, and I'd rather you went away feeling happy; I'll carry on pusuing the actual money. You should have the CS account now.

cougent

First Post
I have been waffling about becoming a CS for a while now. Finally decided to do it as my Christmas present to myself for next year, but with your offer I had to take advantage of it for the four year option. I sort of feel like I kicked you while you were down doing it... but I'll get over it. :)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Morrus said:
No worries; I've paid off everyone else's, and I'd rather you went away feeling happy; I'll carry on pusuing the actual money. You should have the CS account now.

Well, I appreciate it. Honestly my post was intended to come across as, "Maybe we can just call it even?" and not, "You owe me money, punk!"

My intent is not to take any more money out of your pocket or add to EnWorld's hardships.

EDIT: How would I know if it "took?"

werk

First Post
Sent!

My CS account expired a while back and I didn't notice until I tried to search for something a few days back. Been meaning to re-up, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse..not that I could refuse the regular offer either :p

Thanks!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Russ we need to be reminded on a yearly basis to pay our support accounts, us gamers tend to be a bit scatterbrained ;-)

Is EN world in financial trouble? Are the servers still able to keep up?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases