Still Taking Requests (Updated: 4/14 - The Destructor)

justinsluder

First Post
I'm taking requests for creatures, NPC's, magic items. Post them here with a general list of resources you'd like to see used in the fulfilling of your request.

Example: I want a human melee combatant around level 10 built using only the 3.5 PHB and Complete Warrior.

I'll get to them as I have time. If the character is really complex I'll have to post it on my website and just post a link in this thread.

I have a large (I think) library of 3.5 books.

Please include the following:
Books: Specify any or a set list you'd like me to work out of.
Setting (FR, Greyhawk, Eberron, etc.).
Variant Rules (gestalt, action points, etc.)
Power Level: Low, Medium, High, Epic, Munchkin, Uber-Twinked Multiverse Slayer
General Alignment: Good, Bad or Other.

I should warn you all, I like to find and exploit loopholes.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I'd like to request a villain for a 5th level party of adventurers who are constables in an urban setting. The villain shouldn't be too heavy on spells, and he shouldn't be a pure rogue, either, because we already have plenty of that sort of foe for the party. I realize that this is a pretty vague request, but I'm questing about for ideas, so, if you can surprise me, I'd be most grateful. Thanks!

justinsluder

First Post
Leif said:
I'd like to request a villain for a 5th level party of adventurers who are constables in an urban setting. The villain shouldn't be too heavy on spells, and he shouldn't be a pure rogue, either, because we already have plenty of that sort of foe for the party. I realize that this is a pretty vague request, but I'm questing about for ideas, so, if you can surprise me, I'd be most grateful. Thanks!

Setting? Variant rules?

Leif

Adventurer
justinsluder said:
Setting? Variant rules?
Setting: DND3.5 Urban, Fantasy (population in the city are primarily human, with some ph non-humans as well, and fewer goblins, orcs, etc.)(No esoteric races, tiefling and so forth, please)

Variant Rules: again just basic vanilla ph, dmg, mm, complete arcane, complete mage, complete divine, complete warrior, complete champion.

What I'm looking for is a villain that is more innovative with regard to personality and personal history, and creative use of the core rules.

justinsluder

First Post
Gaz’ashkvan, male half-orc Monk 6: CR 6; Medium humanoid (orc); HD 6d8+6; hp 37; Init +6; Spd 50 ft.; AC 16 (+2 Dex, +3 Wis, +1 Monk) touch 16, flat-footed 14; BAB/Grap +4/+10; Atk Unarmed Strike +6 melee (2d6+3, x2) or MW Light Crossbow +7 ranged (1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 ft.); Full Atk Flurry of Blows +5/+5 melee (2d6+3, x2); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA - flurry of blows, ki strike (magic); SQ - dark vision 60 ft., evasion, purity of body, slow fall 30 ft., still mind; AL LE; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +9; Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 6.
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +5, Escape Artist +5, Hide +5, Jump +15, Listen +6, Move Silently +5, Spot +6, Tumble +7.
Feats: Acrobatic, Deflect Arrows, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike).
Languages: Common, Orc.
Possessions: MW Light Crossbow, 10 Bolts, +1 bracers of resistance, brooch of shielding, hat of disguise, potion of barkskin +2, potion of shield of faith +2, 2 potions of cure moderate wounds, potion of spider climb, 5 pp.

Raised in a carnival, Gaz grew up with no real home but the road. His usual role in the show was that of a wrestler. After accidentally killing yet another volunteer from the crowd he was kicked out. Since then he has survived by aligning himself with a small street gang. Still acting as the performer he used to be has kept him from climbing the ranks of the underworld due to spending nearly as much time in custody as not.

Since the party are constables they’ve likely encountered him personally before, but this time he’s not going in without a fight.

I hope this is acceptable.

You can also find him here. Updated with a 9th level version.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
justinsluder said:
Gaz’ashkvan, male half-orc Monk 6. Since the party are constables they’ve likely encountered him personally before, but this time he’s not going in without a fight. I hope this is acceptable.
You can also find him here.
Yesss, that's what I had in mind! Thank you! Gaz'ashkkvan is just right.

Leif

Adventurer
My mistake, though, sir, I should have remembered that our characters are just about ready to level up to 6th level. Also, there are like 8 of them in the party, soon to be nine, I believe (or is it 7 going to 8??), so an 8th or 9th level monk is probably a better challenge for them, wouldn't you say?? (We can easily modify what you gave us, so thanks heaps.)

justinsluder

First Post
Grejorias the Warden of the Wall, male human Ftr 10: CR 10; Medium humanoid (human); HD 10d10+30; hp 90; Init +1; Spd 20 ft. (run x3); AC 26 (+1 Dex, +10 armor, +5 shield) touch 16, flat-footed 25; BAB/Grap +10/+12; Atk MW Short Sword +13 melee (1d6+2, 19-20/x2) or MW Javelin +12 ranged (1d6+2, x2, 30 ft.); Full Atk MW Short Sword +13/+8 melee (1d6+2, 19-20/x2); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL LE; SV Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4; Str 14, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 8.
Skills: Climb +10/9 w/shield, Intimidate +12, Jump +4/3 w/shield, Swim +5/3 w/shield.
Feats: Active Shield Defense, Adaptable Flanker, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Eyes in the Back of Your Head, Improved Combat Expertise, Leadership (7th level cohort, 6 1st level followers), Phalanx Fighting, Shield Specialization (heavy), Shield Ward, Vexing Flanker.
Languages: Common, Dwarven.
Possessions: MW Short Sword, 3 MW Javelins, +2 full plate, +2 heavy steel shield, amulet of health +2, belt of improved carrying, commanders cloak +2, potion of barkskin +4, potion of shield of faith +4, 4 potions of cure serious wounds.

Cass, male human Sor 7: CR 7; Medium humanoid (human); HD 7d4+7; hp 26; Init +6; Spd 30 ft.; AC 13 (+2 Dex, +1 armor) touch 12, flat-footed 11; BAB/Grap +3/+2; Atk Morningstar +2 melee (1d8-1, x2) or Light Crossbow +5 ranged (1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 ft.); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; SA - spells; SQ - summon familiar; AL LE; SV Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6; Str 8, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 18.
Skills: Concentration +11, Knowledge (arcane) +10, Spell craft +12.
Feats: Craft Wand, Eschew Materials, Improved Initiative, Spell Focus (evocation).
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 7th; DC 14 + spell level; DC 15 + spell level for evocation spells)
3rd (5/day) - fireball, fly
2nd (7/day) - invisibility, scorching ray, seeking ray
1st (7/day) - expeditious retreat, feather fall, identify, magic missile, shield
0 (6/day) - detect magic, flare, mage hand, mending, prestidigitation, read magic, resistance
Language: Common.
Possessions: Morningstar, Light Crossbow, 10 Bolts, bracers of armor +1, cloak of charisma +2, wand of fireball* (CL 5th, 5d6 fire, 600 ft., Ref DC 18 half, 50 charges), wand of invisibility* (CL 3rd, 50 charges).
Note: Items with an asterisk are self made.

Wallman, male human War 1: CR ½; Medium humanoid (human); HD 1d8+1; hp 5; Init +2; Spd 20 ft.; AC 19 (+2 Dex, +5 armor, +2 shield) touch 12, flat-footed 17; BAB/Grap +1/+3; Atk Short Sword +3 melee (1d6+2, 19-20/x2) or Light Crossbow +3 ranged (1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 ft.); S/R 5 ft./5 ft.; AL LE; SV Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1; Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.
Skills: Craft (any one) +4, Intimidate +3, Jump -7, Listen +3, Spot +3.
Feats: Alertness, Phalanx Fighting.
Language: Common.
Possessions: Short Sword, Light Crossbow, 10 Bolts, Chainmail, Heavy Steel Shield, 2 potions of lesser vigor.

Belt of Improved Carrying
This thick leather belt adjusts to fit its wearer. While worn, the wearers carrying capacity is doubled as if they increased one size category.
CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, enlarge person; Market Price 1,500 gp; Cost to Create 750 gp, 60 XP.

Commanders Cloak
This cloak is worn by those who command other in battle. While worn, it grants a bonus from +1 to +5 to the wearers Leadership score.
CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, Leadership, eagle’s splendor; Market Price 3,000 gp (+1), 12,000 (+2), 27,000 gp (+3), 48,000 gp (+4), 75,000 gp (+5); Cost to Create 1,500 gp, 120 XP (+1), 6,000 gp, 480 XP (+2), 13,500 gp, 1,080 XP (+3), 24,000 gp, 1,920 XP (+4), 37,500 gp, 3,000 XP (+5)

Sorry, I kind of went overboard once I got going.

Hope this still works for you.

And, they can be found here.

Last edited:

Remove ads