[OOC] Into the World

bytor4232

First Post
Okay, this will be the OOC thread for my "Into the World" game. The following characters have been approved:

Mikhail (renau1g)
Riggan (Voldrath)
Rosette (evillyn666)
Charlie (Dekana)
Darren (Walking Dad)
Trid Orto (Amazing Triangle)
Malixus (nick012000)

I'll post more on mechanics later. I'll be keeping your character sheets stored locally, I like to keep them secret from the other players.

One more thing, I need to get email addresses from all of the approved players, that way if I need to talk to you DM to Player, I can. Go ahead and send them off to arthur.johnson@gmail.com.

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
Okay, this is my first time running a game here. Here are a few house rules that I apply to every game I run:

Combat
In melee or ranged combat, if you roll a natural 1 on your attack roll, you
have fumbled. On your next turn you must spend your turn composing yourself,
weather its picking up your weapon or adjusting your bow.

Party Initiative
In combat, either the PC party or NPC party will go first, depending on whoever
has the higest bell-curve of initiative. In other words, everyone rolls for
initiative, the lowest roll is dropped, and whichever side has the highest
initiative goes first. On either side, whoever has the highest initiative goes
first, and combat proceeds clockwise. If an action will determine success or
failure for another action, then the DM will make a judgement call based on the
original initiative roll.

Dragons
The following is NOT common knowledge and requires a DC 30 knowledge check to
discover, unless you are informed within the context of the plot. In addition
to their normal abilities, all Chromatic and all Metallic dragons gain the
Alternate Form (Su) ability as wyrmlings and can assume any animal or humanoid
form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This
ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level,
except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can
only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its
animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its
natural form.

DM Dice Rolls
Most dice rolls for the DM will be done in secret, in other words, behind the
screen.

bytor4232

First Post
Now, onto dice rolls. We can work this one of two ways:

1. I can do the dice rolls. In this case, just post what the roll is supposed to be (example: Search Check 1d20+5, or Attack 1d20+7 Dmg 1d8+3), and I'll roll it and post my results.

2. You can use an approved dice roller. I have a dice roller located here on one of my sites. Your also free to use Invisible Castle if you like. If you have another one you prefer to use, just get approval ahead of time. I'm sure as long as its random, and hosted at a neutral location, I'm all for it as long as you ask first.

Either way, lets keep dice rolls confined to the OOC thread. The only thing I want to see in the IC thread is, obviously, in character dialog, description, and anything else storyline related.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something, added Invisible Castle to item #2.

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
Okay, while we wait for me to get the IC thread up and going, lets get to know each other. My real name is Arthur. I live in Davison, MI USA, in the eastern time zone. I'm 35, happily married, and have two kids. I live for my babies, an 8 year old and an 18 month old. I'm a big brother to three kids who's single mom lives with us. Love Soccer, am coach for my daughters team, referee for other teams, and am a board member at our region.

I've been playing role playing games since the young age of 12. I learned the hobby playing 1st Ed AD&D, Palladium, and Beyond the Supernatural, as well as other systems. I tried to dabble in just about every system I could play. I skipped out on 2nd edition, and played homebrew systems at that time. I gave up on homebrew after finding players got increasingly more difficult with the advent of d20, and that brings me to the relase of 3.5e, which I've been playing since a little after its release. Now D&D is a pretty big passion of mine, and my #1 hobby, although I'm known to dabble in Magic:TG once in a while.

bytor4232

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Have send you an e-mail.

Players roll on Invisible Castle?

You can roll my dice. All power to the dungeon master ;)

I'm fine with the Castle if you want to use it, although I'm equally more than happy to roll for you guys. Chances are I'll "roll better" for the storyline than the IC will ;)

renau1g

First Post
Personally, I like the DM rolling things like Spot/Listen, I find it adds intrigue & speeds up the game as you don't have to wait for each person to post (saves a whole day).

P.S. I'd imagine some backwater thorpites (not sure if that's the right word) wouldn't know anything about a dragon, except maybe a story from their parents that was meant to scare (and which could be grossly inaccurate, given their lack of knowledge)

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
renau1g said:
Personally, I like the DM rolling things like Spot/Listen, I find it adds intrigue & speeds up the game as you don't have to wait for each person to post (saves a whole day). Is invisible castle ok to roll with?

*sigh* Yeah, I had Invisible Castle in mind, and simply forgot to include it. Sorry about that, but yeah, I'm more than happy to allow the IC.

renau1g said:
P.S. I'd imagine some backwater thorpites (not sure if that's the right word) wouldn't know anything about a dragon, except maybe a story from their parents that was meant to scare (and which could be grossly inaccurate, given their lack of knowledge)

Yeah, but rules lawyers would take issue to some of my draconic subplots, like "Wait, thats totally out of character for a white dragon!" and whatnot. I like to throw that out there for the future, that way there is no arguement.

Don't worry, your Zero Level characters won't be facing down any dragons!

Walking Dad

First Post
My real name is Boris. I'm from Germany (GMT +1). I'm 27, happily married, and have two kids. Boy is 3 years old, the girl ca. 1 1/2. I hope my english is good enough (years of passive use only, but I use a spell checker ;)

More about me later.

Remove ads