• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Into the World

renau1g

First Post
That's pretty great we've got some interesting interactions going on as well. We just finished the first story arc. The rogue of the group wanted to join a thieves guild in the city and turned down the Lotus Dragons' offer. Eventually I made up a new guild for him and he (& the group) disrupted the Lotus' smuggling operations. The rest of the players never knew what was going on and only found out last session that they were caught in the middle of a gang war. Also, when they fought the noble/leader of the Lotus' they k.o'd her and brought her to Lavinia to question... she freaked out because she knew who it was and told them they had to get rid of her. They used some invisibility potions, and the bard snuck into her estate (with the unconscious body) and left her there. That's about where we left it...about to start the second adventure soon.

Walking Dad

First Post
renau1g said:
That's pretty great we've got some interesting interactions going on as well. We just finished the first story arc. The rogue of the group wanted to join a thieves guild in the city and turned down the Lotus Dragons' offer. Eventually I made up a new guild for him and he (& the group) disrupted the Lotus' smuggling operations. The rest of the players never knew what was going on and only found out last session that they were caught in the middle of a gang war. Also, when they fought the noble/leader of the Lotus' they k.o'd her and brought her to Lavinia to question... she freaked out because she knew who it was and told them they had to get rid of her. They used some invisibility potions, and the bard snuck into her estate (with the unconscious body) and left her there. That's about where we left it...about to start the second adventure soon.

Is there a compilation of the Savage Tide? I missed some of the last Dungeons :(

bytor4232

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Will you post a link in this thread?

I will be offline around eastern. 3-4 days at most. I hope this is not to big a problem.

Yes, I'll post the link here.

I'm still writing the initial post, which probably will go up today or tomorrow. I'm sure we will be doing some walking around town and whatnot initially.

evillyn666

First Post
Hello to everyone. I am 27 and happily married :) living in the sorching desert known as Arizona. No children yet. I'm a long time occasional lurker on ENWorld until I discovered the play by post forum. I love D&D and rpgs in general, but most of my experience comes from online games. I can never seem to find a stable table top group in my area.

I do not mind if the DM wants to roll for us. But will we be able to post our actions in an OOC fashion at the end of our posts for clarification?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Wow don't I feel like a slug. As most everyone has posted before me. I am Todd, 24, from Manassas Virginia. I am engaged getting married in June and well I am a 5th grade teacher so no kids yet. I have been playing for 6 years mostly D&D. I just started playing with a new group but it meets once a month. I love building fun characters and love to try new things. I am a fun lawyer I would rather a game be fun than be exactly by the rules.

I would just rather the DM roll for things for sake of ease. I would also like to use the the sblocks.

I have emailed you. Do you need anything more than what I gave already with the character?

:D
[sblock=Trid Orto]Name: Trid Orto
Str 10 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 16 Cha 14
Skills: Handle Animal 1, Listen 1, Spot 1, Survival 2
Gear: Clothes, Walking stick (Used to hike, quarterstaff 'cause it is free')
Personality: He can survive in the woods. Really wants his own pet to train. Wants to either leave the Thorpe or find out what has killed the crops. He is kind of a recluse even at this early age. He prefers the quiet of the woods over the bustle of the town. Odd as it is he is quite friendly.[/sblock]

bytor4232

First Post
evillyn666 said:
Hello to everyone. I am 27 and happily married :) living in the sorching desert known as Arizona. No children yet. I'm a long time occasional lurker on ENWorld until I discovered the play by post forum. I love D&D and rpgs in general, but most of my experience comes from online games. I can never seem to find a stable table top group in my area.

I do not mind if the DM wants to roll for us. But will we be able to post our actions in an OOC fashion at the end of our posts for clarification?

If I do roll for you, I will most definately put it in the spoiler tags now that I know about them!

bytor4232

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Wow don't I feel like a slug. As most everyone has posted before me. I am Todd, 24, from Manassas Virginia. I am engaged getting married in June and well I am a 5th grade teacher so no kids yet. I have been playing for 6 years mostly D&D. I just started playing with a new group but it meets once a month. I love building fun characters and love to try new things. I am a fun lawyer I would rather a game be fun than be exactly by the rules.

I would just rather the DM roll for things for sake of ease. I would also like to use the the sblocks.

I have emailed you. Do you need anything more than what I gave already with the character?

:D
[sblock=Trid Orto]Name: Trid Orto
Str 10 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 16 Cha 14
Skills: Handle Animal 1, Listen 1, Spot 1, Survival 2
Gear: Clothes, Walking stick (Used to hike, quarterstaff 'cause it is free')
Personality: He can survive in the woods. Really wants his own pet to train. Wants to either leave the Thorpe or find out what has killed the crops. He is kind of a recluse even at this early age. He prefers the quiet of the woods over the bustle of the town. Odd as it is he is quite friendly.[/sblock]

Your more than welcome to use the sblocks. I know I keep going hyping them but they are really great ideas!

I think we are going to get aloung just fine. I use the rules to further the story and fun, if they do neither, I have a tendancy to ignore them!

Always remember DM Fiat!

bytor4232

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Is there a compilation of the Savage Tide? I missed some of the last Dungeons :(

It doesn't look like there is one yet. You might be stuck purchasing the last few issues ;) And by purchasing, I mean bittorrent. And by bittorrent, I mean illegal copy. And when I say.... Oh never mind.

bytor4232

First Post
Dekana said:
My table group is doing Savage Tide right now also. We meet every other week, but we have a great time. The group has quite a mix of alignments (my character is an evil druid), which leads to some... interesting resolutions of the story. For example, right now Farshore is engulfed in flames and most of the buildings destroyed because of our actions. :]

Sounds like my kinda game!

Remove ads