• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Into the World

renau1g

First Post
Sorry, I was posting while the other posts appeared. Anyways, I've sent off an e-mail. My name's Ryan, and I'm not too far from you actually. I live right across the river from Detroit, MI in Windsor, Ontario (Yes I'm a Canuck). I'm 25, married for 9 months (happily, of course ;)) and my wife's expecting twins, due 3/21. As a typical Canadian, I love hockey. I play twice a week and watch it every chance I get.

I've been playing for about 9-10 years now, starting with 2e and moving into 3/3.5e. I also play a bit of d20 Modern & Mutants & Masterminds, but nothing (to me) comes close to D&D for role-playing. Unfortunately, my group's schedules aren't that conducive to playing and we usually get together about 1/month right now, with me DM'ing some pre-made adventures (right now the Savage Tide Path from Paizo).

Dekana

Explorer
I'm a college student in Massachusetts, USA. I turn 21 in a month (which will be a heck of a party btw), and am happily unmarried. I study Computer Science, play lots of games, and work part time in a Japanese restaurant.

I'm fine with having the DM roll, it does seem like it would speed things up a bit. However, would it be alright to post any ooc relevant to rolls in spoiler blocks? It seems somewhat tedious having to go back and forth from the IC and OOC threads for every post. Example:

[sblock=ooc]Greatsword attack: d20+2
Greatsword damage: 2d6+3[/sblock]

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
Walking Dad said:
My real name is Boris. I'm from Germany (GMT +1). I'm 27, happily married, and have two kids. Boy is 3 years old, the girl ca. 1 1/2. I hope my english is good enough (years of passive use only, but I use a spell checker ;)

More about me later.

Ha! 1.5 is the best age! I've had the most fun with both of my kids at that age.

bytor4232

First Post
Dekana said:
I'm a college student in Massachusetts, USA. I turn 21 in a month (which will be a heck of a party btw), and am happily unmarried. I study Computer Science, play lots of games, and work part time in a Japanese restaurant.

I'm fine with having the DM roll, it does seem like it would speed things up a bit. However, would it be alright to post any ooc relevant to rolls in spoiler blocks? It seems somewhat tedious having to go back and forth from the IC and OOC threads for every post. Example:

[sblock=ooc]Greatsword attack: d20+2
Greatsword damage: 2d6+3[/sblock]

Like I said, this is my first time doing PBP on EnWorld. Using [sblock=ooc] would be fine since it hides it.

Either method, posting in the ooc thread or using spoiler blocks (sblock) is ok with me. Just keep the IC clean, thats all I ask.

Last edited:

Voldrath

Explorer
I'm agreeable with the dice handling however you like. I'll shoot you an email here in a sec. But on that note I am, unfortunately, not very fastidious about checking it. You may have to shoot ma a post to let me know. :heh:

bytor4232

First Post
renau1g said:
Sorry, I was posting while the other posts appeared. Anyways, I've sent off an e-mail. My name's Ryan, and I'm not too far from you actually. I live right across the river from Detroit, MI in Windsor, Ontario (Yes I'm a Canuck). I'm 25, married for 9 months (happily, of course ;)) and my wife's expecting twins, due 3/21. As a typical Canadian, I love hockey. I play twice a week and watch it every chance I get.

Wow, that is close! I drive to Royal Oak twice a week for my job, so I'm probably less than an hour away on any given week.

Of course, being from Canada, isn't it a citizenship requirement to be a Rush fan? My wife has a lot of Canuck in her. We love Hockey too. Its my next favorite sport under Soccer. However I'm more of a bush league guy. I love the Flint Generals, the sport seems more pure at the lower levels.

renau1g said:
Unfortunately, my group's schedules aren't that conducive to playing and we usually get together about 1/month right now, with me DM'ing some pre-made adventures (right now the Savage Tide Path from Paizo).

I have the same problem. I play tabletop in two campaigns right now, a campaign with family and a campaign a friend DMs. I might play once a month between both, which brings me here.

I'm hoping I have greater sucess with players on this site. I've run play by post before, however the "other sites" make it too easy for players to come and go, and it makes is hard to keep a campaign going for more than a month or so. PBP is my preferred delivery medium for D&D, just keeping players at the virtual table is the hard part.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
renau1g said:
Unfortunately, my group's schedules aren't that conducive to playing and we usually get together about 1/month right now, with me DM'ing some pre-made adventures (right now the Savage Tide Path from Paizo).
My table group is doing Savage Tide right now also. We meet every other week, but we have a great time. The group has quite a mix of alignments (my character is an evil druid), which leads to some... interesting resolutions of the story. For example, right now Farshore is engulfed in flames and most of the buildings destroyed because of our actions. :]

Remove ads