Miscellaneous doodles (now with Tasteful Dwarven Erotica)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I prefer the green, as well.

The latest version does improve on the first. I'll have to show it to my daughter, who appreciates all things "doggie!" (With the exclamation point, always, when she says the word.)

And your dramatis personae drawing is one of my favorites. Very Beardsley-by-way-of-Tenniel.

Last edited:

jerichothebard

First Post
Sialia said:
OK--thanks. This is the kind of stuff that may help me get this straightened out. I feel like I'm so close, and then I feel like its all wrong and I hate the thing.

I'll see what I can do. Stay tuned for updates.

I really like this - the color and texture are great and really evocative, and the animals are killer.

As far as the 'all wrong' thing, I think part of what you are seeing is something that is really subtle, and you many not be putting your finger on it. I think her weight distribution is a little off. If her weight, as it seems, is on her right leg, then her right hip will be higher than her left, and to compensate, her left shoulder will be higher - near as I can make out, they are all pretty close to horizontal. Here - I'll illustrate.

The first is a simplification of her stance, overlaid over the picture, with the second image being a more natural stance, overlaid over the same picture.

Last edited:

jerichothebard

First Post

Attachments

• tao_rev.jpg
    tao_rev.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 714

Sialia

First Post
Hmm, yes--I see. Thank you for taking the time to sketch this out--I would have had trouble seeing it, but you've made it much clearer.

Partly, she's leaning on her unstrung bow, which is mostly out of the frame. But mostly, the model I was sketching from only had metal armor on one shoulder, and when I duplicated it over to cover both, I probably slid it on wrong. This might be fixable--I'll have to fool with it.

In the meanwhile, here is another background to choose from.

Thanks so much for the constructive help--I love having a place to show off where I can always count on the comments to help me make the next one better. Astonishing how much I've learned from sketching for ENWorld!

Attachments

• tao.jpg
    tao.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 715

Remove ads