• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miscellaneous doodles (now with Tasteful Dwarven Erotica)

Sialia

First Post
"They're in the mood to kill,
And when they need a thrill,
They are some big thri-kreen,
leaping, fleet and extremely mean.
They can breed,
they can thrive,
living in group minded hive.
Oh, oh, see them leap,
See them keen.
Ate my liver,
Then they ate my spleen,
Oh yeah.

Watch me squirm,
Watch me scream
Fleeing the big thri-kreen."

(apologies to ABBA)

Well, you asked.

Sialia

First Post
hey, I got it assembled, sort of

ok, so it's not perfect:

Attachments

• chasingthecomet.jpg
    chasingthecomet.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,362

Sialia

First Post
Anybody wanna color in a little burning inn for me?

I can't handle light sources.

Attachments

• flamingmanticore.jpg
    flamingmanticore.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,310

Sialia

First Post
Ok, I've been working on this portrait of Tao for months.

I think it's close to what I want, but there still feels like something is not quite right and I can't quite put my finger on it. Critiques/suggestions are welcome.

Anybody who wants to have a shot at playing with color is highly encouraged. I'd love to see what you can do with it.

Attachments

• taopost.jpg
    taopost.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,129

kkoie

First Post
The pic of the actors looks great! The style of the drawing reminds me of drawings from the middle ages, which seems appropriate considering the theme. Will you ever get around to doing it in color? Its a great piece!

Oni

First Post
Cool stuff Sialia. I'm a big fan of the sepia tone look (which should be pretty obvious if you've ever checked out my art thread here). Really liking the unflaith, it's surely creepy looking.

The picture of Tao is shaping up nicely as well, I'm really digging the animals. Some of what may be throwing the picture off a little bit is the proportions on the figure. I think you've stretched her out a bit to keep her from looking squat in the armour, but you have to keep in mind that armour goes around the figure and so things will have to look different to look right. Looking at it her head seems too high, there should be about one heads distance between the bottom of the chin and the nipple line of the breast. Her hands also seem small to me, they should be larger especially considering the fact she is wearing gauntlets which are a fairly clunky item. Her torso seems just a hair too long and her arms just a bit short. The arms should end about 1/4 - 1/3 of the thigh below the crotch level. All in all though it is a wonderful picture.

Sialia

First Post
OK--thanks. This is the kind of stuff that may help me get this straightened out. I feel like I'm so close, and then I feel like its all wrong and I hate the thing.

I'll see what I can do. Stay tuned for updates.

Sialia

First Post
For those that are curious about the coloring technique for Tao's portrait, I'm working in Photoshop.

I did a lot of the coloring in this by taking the "colored scan of pencil on white paper" picture and copying it to another file.

I'd keep both files open simultaneously, and "adjust hue" on the extra copy, and then clone stamp the section I wanted to work on into the main drawing (adjusting various amounts of transparency). Then I'd adjust hue on the spare copy again and go back for the shadows or highlights, or whatever.

Worked nicely, I didn't have to fool with layers too much and I didn't have to do too too much selecting of areas to tint.

Each time I tried something experimental, I'd start a fresh layer in the main drawing, just so it would be easy to get rid of if I didn't like it. When it was more or less working, I'd merge it down.

Feedback welcome.

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Ok, I've been working on the color, and I think I've just about got it. But I can't decide between the two backgrounds. Opinions?

Attachments

• taocolor.jpg
    taocolor.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,068

Remove ads