• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bump an old Story Hour

Rune

Once A Fool
With all the great story hours being written these days, it's sometimes easy to forget the classics. With that in mind, I thougt I'd try something in an effort to pay tribute to the ancient story hours.

So, let's play a little game. Here are the rules:

1: Bump a story hour and then post in this thread with a link and an explanation why you bumped it.

2: The story hour must not be on the first or second page before you bump it!

3: It can neither be your story hour, nor one that you played in!

With those out of the way, here's mine:

Tokiwong's Rokugan: Chronicles of the War of Sorrows

My reasoning: It was enjoyable and exotic, well-written and evocative. There are some great stories out there and this is one of them.

ForceUser

Explorer
(contac t)'s Temple of Elemental Evil 2 holds the title for me. Funniest D&D-related sh-t I ever read, highly deserving of a bump, if only for the looks I got on the train while reading it and giggling maniacally.

Rune

Once A Fool
If anyone can't search, ask me, and I'll bump it. Unless it's locked.

If everyone bumps their chosen story hours, there shouldn't be any duplicates.

You are, of course, perfectly welcome to post links to and bump multiple story hours.

Last edited:

(contact)

Explorer
Hey, thanks ForceUser!

Rune, could you search for "They're almost gods but they still get rocked!!!!!!!!!1111"?

Does anyone else remember that one? That's the one I want to bump.

Rune

Once A Fool
(Contact), do you know the author? My search isn't pulling anything up. It's name might have changed. Or it might have been on the old, old boards.

(contact)

Explorer
Damn, I think it was on the old, old boards. :(

I guess since no one will read it, I might as well give the ending away-- they never do get rocked.

Rune

Once A Fool
So, have you got another one, (Contact)? It doesn't have to be a favorite--just one that you'd like to see remembered.

Rune

Once A Fool
Good to see you, Tokiwong, but didn't you play in that game?

Rule 3 says to bump a story hour that isn't yours and that you didn't play in.

Sheesh. Shameless self-promoter!:D

Last edited:

Remove ads