OOC - Magic Kingdom for Sale* - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rogue's Gallery

Magic Kingdom for Sale*

*Assembly not incuded.

You are a party of experienced adventurers, given a "reward" after a lifetime of adventuring. The king figures that your group is full of honorable people, and also had a lot of resources at their fingertips. Now, expanding the country is hard, but getting a bunch of adventurers to carve out their own baronies and then taxing them is much more cost effective! So the king gives the group of adventurers a large tract of "untamed wilderness." It's the adventurers' job to tame it, build some fortresses and roads, loot some dungeons, clear out evil dragons, that type of stuff. They get to keep all the spoils of their "taming" for five years, and then the king will start taxing them.

So it's a semi-crazy free-for-all! You have to tame this wild, wild west, get the peoples already here either on your side or under your boot, get rid of the dragons in caves and liches in towers, and make a few islands of civilization!

However, we have some quirks:

I'd like this game, if it were to be played, mind you, to bit just a smidge gritter than normal. To that end, I want to ban all the spells that create food and water (though purifying it would be ok), so that finding those kind of resources means something. Also, I'd like to ban continual light, so that people either have to use the shorter-lived light spell, dark/low-light vision, torches, lanterns, or sunrods, just to kind of take it home how far you are away from civilization. You guys will be the light in the dark.

The other quirk is that... (and this is fairly egocentric of me, I admit that right off the bat) I'd like everyone in this game, if it ends up coming to pass, to each have levels in a different prestige class that I, myself, made. I have a lot of them, and I'd like to use this crazy game to do some additional playtesting on them.

Most of my PrCs were made for 3.0, but they can be switched without too much effort. I'll be attempting to update those that need updating.

I assume if you pick Landlord that you'll get your cash before traipsing off into the wild blue yonder. As for Leadership, you could have all your followers come along and start building stuff, and leave your cohort in charge of their saftey. Or something. Or you could try to win a cohort and followers amongst the "heathens." Your followers will be given basic gear for free.

This will take place outside of my homebrew of Low'verok, so that will help you figure out deities, home cities, places you might have adventured, etc. Link is in the sig.

Prospective Landlords

Xael - Rezomael - CG Male Human Wizard 5/Lightning Rod 7

Thanee - Allyra - TN Female Human Wizard 5th/Incantatrix 5th/The Endless 2nd

Ferrix - Trekt Loreseeker - TN Male Dwarf Ranger 5/Finder of the Lost 5/The Grim 2

Lady Shatterstone - Dubheasa DarkStar - LN Female Void Genasi Wizard 7/Bound Woman 5

Keia - Psion/Spirituel

Dark Nemesis

Low'verok map (you're going westward)

Inactive Players

Serpenteye - Alessandra - NG Female Human Druid 7/Ancient Mother 5

Nac Mac Feegle - Shal Lightbearer - NG Male Human Cleric of Pelor 5/Forbiddance of the Divine 7

Sephiroth no Miko - Phaeder - NG Male Human Bard 8/Song Ghost 4

Emperor Valerian - Drakkon Cuspis - CG Barbarian 3/Cleric of Kord 6/BondBlade 3

Alternates
Creamsteak
Ghostknight
Brother Shatterstone
Lady Shatterstone

So, for the rest of y'all... the link to my PrCs is in my sig...

So 12th level, 32 point buy, hit points max at first, 75% plus Con from there on in.

Races allowed:
Humans
Elves
Ghost elves (Dragon #313)
Halflings
Half-orcs
Gnomes
Dwarves
The genasi from Low'verok (link in the sig)
Elans (ExPsiHB)
Maenads (ExPsiHB)

Classes - All core, all in Expanded Psionics Handbook, some of the variant rangers presented in AEG's Wilds.

PrCs - In my sig. No two people have have the same PrC, and everyone should at least have 2 levels in one. (I'm 80% sure that's possible)

Feats, spells, equipment - Can be drawn from core, Expanded Psionics Handbook, FRCS, Magic of Faerun, Player's Guide to Faerun (and any specific things that book references), AEG's Wilds, Dragon #277-322, Arms and Equipment Guide, Complete Series. DM has final approval.

Cash - You have 58,667gp to spend. No more than 44,000gp on any one item. The extra money (as normally a 12th level character would have 88,000gp to spend) I will be putting in a "pot" as a bunch of treasure you guys found during your last adventure. If there's something really cool in the pot that you would use instead of something you already have, you can just take the money from that now defunct item and buy something else with it. You can make suggestions for the pot as well. (New characters just coming in can spend all their gold as normal, still spend no more than half your wealth on any one item)

Backgrounds - You guys are an adventuring group that has been together through thick and thin for several years. I'd prefer not to run an entirely evil game. Other than that, make sure your characters can get along. And think of a name for your group!

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Besides the quirks, this sounds a LOT like my homebrew campaigns that I run table-top. Cept the quirks, those are all yours.

I'm not really interested though, as I'm a bit busy right now. No, wait, I'm intersted. I just don't want to bite a bullet I can't chew. I'll admit, if you start tossing out more neat elements, I might force myself to try and get in this though. Is this whole bit a home-brew?

IdentityCrisis

First Post
Sounds... Interesting. Ranger and Druid start sounding more interesting with the need to find food, and you might want to eliminate shelter-creating spells as well.

Can you provide more info, such as classes allowed and starting level/gear? What prestige classes have you got?

Ghostknight

First Post
Sounds interesting to me. Especially the bitr about trying out new prestige classes! (What can I say, I'm a sucker for the new and different - probably why I have bought and read so many different games, even though I know I will never play even half of them!)

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
[/delurks]

Well, the quirks don't really bother me, and looking over your prestige classes, I'd have to say some of them look really cool so no problem on trying one out (the Song Ghost, maybe?)! And the premise is rather amusing... So I'd be interested if this goes and you'd have me. I've had a little experience with pbp games, though not that much. :eek:

Would this be 3.0e or 3.5e?

Thanee

First Post
"Bewährung für die Kriegsherren" (sorry, dunno the english title, it's a basic D&D adventure-campaign with a very similar tone) always was a favorite of mine back then. ;)

So, I'd be interested. Looking at your PrC now...

Hmmm... from the general idea, The Endless seems pretty cool, but that's really some harsh stuff (altho it would surely be interesting to find out what happens with a Forever Burn Time Stop... :p).

Kinda like a builder/architect spellcaster (sorcerer/wizard), who uses long lasting magic to enhance her work, altho some of the limits would make this a bit difficult (no item creation, no permanent light sources mostly). Hmmm... :D

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
I found the problem. It was on my side- I forgot that the firewall had blocked the confirmation email I remembered- sent the confirmation via another route and am just fine now :)

Remove ads