OOC - Magic Kingdom for Sale* - Full

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Yay! (does a little happy dance) :)

So... I was thinking maybe being a genasi song ghost (or barring that, plain old human)? The ghost elves are a neat race too but the -4 to Con, on top of the -2 from the PrC... oof. I'd like to live long enough to finish my ghost's quest! But the glow-in-the-dark thing ability sure is appealing. :p

I have a few questions though about the negatai and positai genasi. For the saving bonuses and penalties, I assume they stack? That is, if a negatai suffers a -2 racial penalty to saves (erk!), but gets +2 vs necromantic effects for level (would that be at 5th or 10th level?), it would result in a net +0 right for necromantic effects right?

Also, could you clarify "natural healing being slower and healing spells being less effective?" (and the "faster rate of natural healing/undead do more damage" for positai? And finally, what are the caster levels for the spell-like abilities (and which ability score do they use)? Thanks!

I would like to put in I would prefer a non-evil game as well. As for terrain, I don't have much of a preference though swamp and jungle would be at the bottom of the list. (Especially if this is going to be our new home!) But if others are really keen on them, I can live with that.

P.S. If a negatai or positai turns/rebukes undead, how will this affect his bonded spirit? (Or if my allies turn/rebuke?)

Last edited:

Hmmm... so many options...

Right now I'm thinking the following:

A cleric/bondblade, with a holy weapon from his/her deity (haven't decided little things like gender yet! :) ) Sent to the frontier to convert the heathens and eventually found a temple or monastery to his/her god.

Now as for which deity... there's the ubiquitous Pelor and Hieroneous... though a cleric of Kord might be neat. Any neat ideas, anyone?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Emperor Valerian said:
Hmmm... so many options...

Right now I'm thinking the following:

A cleric/bondblade, with a holy weapon from his/her deity (haven't decided little things like gender yet! :) ) Sent to the frontier to convert the heathens and eventually found a temple or monastery to his/her god.

Now as for which deity... there's the ubiquitous Pelor and Hieroneous... though a cleric of Kord might be neat. Any neat ideas, anyone?

How about - Kossuth, the god of fire, sacrifice, and renewel? Grumbar, the god of earth and time? Liira, the goddess of joy? Yondalla, the goddess of the hearth and family (protector of halfings)?

Sephiroth no Miko said:
So... I was thinking maybe being a genasi song ghost (or barring that, plain old human)? The ghost elves are a neat race too but the -4 to Con, on top of the -2 from the PrC... oof. I'd like to live long enough to finish my ghost's quest! But the glow-in-the-dark thing ability sure is appealing.
Sounds neat! I would consider investing in a lot of protective magic and healing spells. :)

I have a few questions though about the negatai and positai genasi. For the saving bonuses and penalties, I assume they stack? That is, if a negatai suffers a -2 racial penalty to saves (erk!), but gets +2 vs necromantic effects for level (would that be at 5th or 10th level?), it would result in a net +0 right for necromantic effects right?
Correct.

Also, could you clarify "natural healing being slower and healing spells being less effective?" (and the "faster rate of natural healing/undead do more damage" for positai?
Negatai heal at half the normal rate, naturally. Healing spells do one less point of healing per die on a Negatai. Positai basically act as if they have the Fast Healing feat from Masters of the Wild. Undead that attack Positai get an extra point of damage per die when they attack Positai physically.

And finally, what are the caster levels for the spell-like abilities (and which ability score do they use)? Thanks!
Caster level is character level, and it's keyed off of Charisma.

I would like to put in I would prefer a non-evil game as well. As for terrain, I don't have much of a preference though swamp and jungle would be at the bottom of the list. (Especially if this is going to be our new home!) But if others are really keen on them, I can live with that.
Heh. "I have some real estate in Florida I want to sell you..." :]

P.S. If a negatai or positai turns/rebukes undead, how will this affect his bonded spirit? (Or if my allies turn/rebuke?)
Quoting from the PrC - "If a cleric or paladin (or other with such abilities) attempts to turn or rebuke the Song Ghost, have them make a turning check and damage roll agains the Song Ghost's hit dice. If it is successful, the Song Ghost is stunned for one round as the holy (or unholy) energy tears at their bonded spirit."

I hope that answers your questions. :)

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Okay, slight change in plans: a human song ghost/bard or a genasi warrior-type/living spell... arg, decisions, decisions. :\ (If someone really wants to be one, I can take the other... right now, it's a bit of a toss-up for me.)

And I found this page:
http://users.erols.com/aburner/planescape/index.html

Is that where you got all the details for the para- and quasi-elemental genasi, Isida? If I pick one of those, can I just work straight from that site? Or are your genasi different?

Emperor: Kord, Pelor and Heironeus all sound fine to me... if you want something else, how about Fharlangh for his Travel aspect or Obad-Hai/Ehlonna since we will be mucking about in the wilderness?

Edit: Ehr, never mind the question about the link. I just saw your post. Riiiight. Stay away from turn-happy clerics.... Uhm. That does bring up another question though. At 3rd level, song ghosts become immune to stunning with their One Foot In The Grave ability. How does that resolve? Also, I guess this mean that anytime I turn, I have to make a turning check against myself, and if successful, subtract my HD from the turning damage before anything else (since I'd be closest to me?), correct?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
My genasi are different, and I'm still working kinks out of some of them, so go with what I have in my link for now. And I did indeed start working from them, but I've made a lot of changes to them as well.

Thanee

First Post
It can't be me, I'm a nice person. :)

Be that cool with everybody?
Sweet. :D

;)

FRCS, Magic of Faerun, ...
Player's Guide? It updates most of that stuff to 3.5!

12th level seems about the lowest to be able to have 2 levels in that PrC I was looking at IIRC (as a Sorcerer), I think there was a 5th level spell requirement somewhere in there.

If you are going to revise the PrC to 3.5, here are some notes concerning The Endless, for your consideration:

* Magic for Hours --- How about this? Just allow to stack Extend Spell with itself. That would be a nice benefit in 3.5, would work well and hasn't this weird 25% modifier. :)

* Lifeblood of Magic --- I'd personally remove this part here "[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]While the spell in question is still active, the temporary Constitution damage cannot be overcome in any way. Once the spell ends, the Constitution points return."[/font] - but then there needs to be a limit on the ability. --- I'd probably just raise the DC for dispel checks aginst all spells to 15+caster level (stacks with Spell Girding - dunno for sure what this does, right now, tho) for a permanent -2 to Con. Just a one-time change which applies to all spells from then on.

* Magic for Days - Persistent Spell now adds +6 levels, so this would be +7 levels. I doubt this ability could ever be used in a reasonable fashion... :\ --- How about this? Replace this ability completely with Superior Persistent Spell that lowers the levels added from the Persistent Spell feat (but adds a hp cost instead), for example, Persistent only adds +4 levels (still lasts one day only), but also some of your hps (2x modified spell level should be enough, really, wizards don't tend to have that many hps) become unavailable for that time. --- Or maybe even this instead. You can use Persistent Spell without adding its spell level modifier, but you lose 4x the spell level of that spell in hp while the spell is active. - This way you could make some low level spell persistent for a not too high cost, but if you want to make higher level spells persistent, the cost adds up pretty fast.

* Magic for a Month --- Building on the above; replace this with Magic for Days, which allows to merge Superior Persistent Spell and Extent Spell (that is, Extent Spell increases the altered duration of 24h). No additional hp cost (the higher spell level should be enough of a cost, I think).

* Forever Burn - "[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Please use common sense when determining which spells apply to Forever Burn." Darn, guess that rules out Time Stop.[/font] :D

Oh, and I'd remove the Spell Focus requirement, as it doesn't seem to fit well, instead maybe add 10 ranks in Spellcraft, now this is really missing.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Cool. Considering Wizard/Lightning Rod. That caster level loss just hurts...

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm open as to the kinds of terrain you guys would like to explore - Woods, swamp, desert, tundra, jungle... So make some suggestions about which kinds of things tickle your fancy.
Anything but desert. Deserts are just so... ...deserted.

You can make suggestions for the pot as well.
Daern's Instant Fortress? :D

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Or a Lyre of Building. ;)

I'd expect to see a lot of low level equipment in there to give to veteran guards and such?

Terrain: Altho woods are pretty "normal", I'd go with that. I really would have second thoughts, if someone would "grant" me some land in a province of their country, and it turned out to be a swamp, unless I was a gravy necromancer, than I'd love it, of course. :p

Bye
Thanee

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
How about some woods with maybe a southern swamp or something for giggles and grins?

Thanee, your suggestions for the Endless are pretty cool, and I will be reviewing them and putting an update up pretty soon.

Unfortunetly I don't have the Player's Guide to Faerun, so we'll just have to not use it unless someone wants to buy it for me. :p

Yes, I'll give you guys some "free" equipment for your followers. Take a look at the Arms and Equipment Guide for some standard packages for guardsmen and stuff.

Your suggestions for the pot are noted. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads