¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Fenris

Adventurer
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "Well, depends on what you consider well, noble savage. You are a native, right?"
Von Hacht responds to the native, trying to remember if he has still some glass pearls.

The man's eyes flash at "noble savage" but his face remains impassive. [Spanish] "I suppose we should base my pay upon the nature and duration of the work." replies the Indian.

OOC:

I nearly replied "it's a hole dug to reach the ground water and supply water for use, but that's not important right now" but I restrained myself :lol:

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "I have worked on many different things... static charge belts that repel bullets, muscle stimulating electro pads... I'm also working on a device that uses minuscule shocks to speed up wound regeneration!"
Von Hacht responds with glowing eyes. ('Glow' not literal)

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

HandofMystra

First Post
OOC: I may have painted my character into a corner (which seems to happen a lot to me :-(. But I found a nice resource that has given me a back story

Ti'at awoke underneath the Christian's holy house. He remembered going there to hide during one of the rescues that he led. But everything looked very different now, the building looked more like a wreck. He wandered out to find the mission an abandoned wreck. Clearly the Christian's god had abandoned them! He felt great happiness and hope that his people had all been reunited.
He knew the pain of that separation: His mother led the revolt against the Christians when he was too young to hunt. They took her away and he never saw here until he was a young man. He was raised by her brother Temejavaguichia to be a Ahhoovaredoot - to heal the people by helping to return them home.
He tried to find the villages and saw they were all gone. Just cows and grass everywhere. When he found his people often they were not able to speak to him and they spoke the language of the Christians. He found someone fluent and heard a tale of how how he, Ti'at had disappeared long ago. "Treinta anos" whatever that meant. It seemed that people from them where great grandfathers now the few who were left. What could have happened?
His tribesman taught him some Spanish and told him that the Mexicans had replaced the Spanish, they were a different tribe of Christians, he guessed.
OOC: so Ti'at is not really an adventurer, he is a freedom fighter. Can you find him a plothook?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: so Ti'at is not really an adventurer, he is a freedom fighter. Can you find him a plothook?

OOC: The random bits of info about Don Triunfo is part of a plot hook you can use. :D

Don Triunfo is an Indian who worked for the Mission of San Fernando (or was it San Gabriel? I have to check my notes) who managed to buy his own land (Rancho Cahuanga) after leaving the mission.

Don Ramon Pena implied that Triunfo was gathering indians and was building village on his rancho... only to have it destroyed during the battle of Provencia. This of course leads to the opening post's Indian (Don Triunfo?) stating they should spread word of what happened and rebuild.

It should be noted that historically there were a lot of indians living in the vicinity of Los angeles (who were not counted as being part of it's population). So there is a good reason why Ti'at would be in the area. :D

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

Scarlet nods and heads to the counter, taking two filled glasses with her.

When she arrives near the indian and the gentleman he is talking to, the pretty girl smiles at them, offering them both one of the glasses she is carrying.

(Spanish, accented) “Drink, my friends! It's free. To freedom!”

HandofMystra

First Post
T
OOC: i'at needs some help getting to and into the saloon. Old Ways is a Major Hindrance (he cannot drink alcohol without having to atone to get his powers back IIRC). How about Ti'at hears that he can find Triunfo if he goes to the saloon?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
T
OOC: i'at needs some help getting to and into the saloon. Old Ways is a Major Hindrance (he cannot drink alcohol without having to atone to get his powers back IIRC). How about Ti'at hears that he can find Triunfo if he goes to the saloon?

OOC: Does not drinking alcohol include fermented corn based drinks like tiswin or agave based drinks like Pulque? If it doesn't then is it a ritual vs recreational sort of thing? But no matter what, always get water. :D

Him going to the saloon to look for Triunfo also works. Triunfo needs to sleep somewhere when he goes into town to get supplies.

HandofMystra

First Post
OOC: Does not drinking alcohol include fermented corn based drinks like tiswin or agave based drinks like Pulque? If it doesn't then is it a ritual vs recreational sort of thing? But no matter what, always get water. :D

Him going to the saloon to look for Triunfo also works. Triunfo needs to sleep somewhere when he goes into town to get supplies.
OOC: You da Marshall. I was just
Ti'at was beginning to get the wondrous picture. The young men of
his day were now grandfathers. A different faction of whites had taken the land. The missions no longer kidnapped the people.
But what should he to do?
He found a place that had not been defiled and pulled out some herbs. He danced, sang and ate the holy plants.
OOC: relique:Do you want ot do the vision or should I?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: You da Marshall. I was just
OOC: Alright then. You can only drink fermented corn or agave based drinks for ritualistic/ceremonial purposes or as part of your medicine.

OOC: relique:Do you want ot do the vision or should I?
OOC: I shall. :D

In his vision, Ti'at sees a great darkness spreading across the land like a wildfire. Where the darkness's shadowy tendrils touch he sees strife, corruption, pestilential, and death. No one, not even the land itself will be safe from the chaos the shadow brings.

The land itself will fester and become spoiled by the blood that will be spilled and that in it's pain Ti'at knows it will be ripped asunder as it gives birth to monstrosities which would cause the most stalwart Christians to tremble and driven mad with fear and will cause the powerful medicine man to wallow in despair and take up the invader's unholy drink.

As his vision fades Ti'at knows that the seeds of the darkness are being planted and that those who are planting them are in the pueblo of Los Angeles.

Last edited:

HandofMystra

First Post
OOC: Awesome

Ti'at rouses from his visionary state. He rises first on one knee looking about for the dark tendrils he just saw and then unsteadily on both feet. He was still in the heightened state one feels after visions where he could not stand being around white people. He drank some water and considered. He would go to the Christians village tomorrow.
It was midmorning when he arrived at the village. He knew how to act around these as he had done many rescue raids on the Mission. He looked around for other Indios so he knew what work they were doing if he needed to pretend to do be working to avert suspicion. He stopped any Indios saw. Finding if they could speak Tongva or Chumash to ask about who might know of his vision or where there was a place of power nearby.

Remove ads