• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1/19 D&D Insider Update

Shroomy

Adventurer
I'm actually pleased with the change I noticed. I mean, I see what WotC was trying to do, but I didn't feel it was really all that necessary.

nikadeemus327

First Post
The Healer's Lore talent isn't showing up on power cards despite it being listed as fixed. Otherwise, I think all of the bugs I've ran into have been fixed.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Character Builder crashes when you attempt to load a character that you had previously failed to save because you were at the 100 character limit.
Character Builder isn't recognizing the 100 character limit when the "Save as Copy" option is used.
Hey, does that mean that the 20 character limit was stealthily increased to 100 without anyone telling me?

Intrope

First Post
Well, it can now import my 19th level fighter. And when it does, it preserves his house-ruled Expertise feat (it's even applied correctly, wonder of wonders!).

In other words, the app supports house-rule'd feats but still lacks a way to actually add them. One step at a time, I suppose.

Scribble

First Post
Hey, does that mean that the 20 character limit was stealthily increased to 100 without anyone telling me?

I'm thinking they mean characters in the letters and numbers sense, as opposed to character as in the D&D character sense...

So if the name of the character save file is over 100 letters numbers symbols and spaces long, it has issues.

Well, it can now import my 19th level fighter. And when it does, it preserves his house-ruled Expertise feat (it's even applied correctly, wonder of wonders!).

In other words, the app supports house-rule'd feats but still lacks a way to actually add them. One step at a time, I suppose.

Another thing leading me to believe that the ultimate plan is to put house rules, and stuff in AT for the DM to concoct and the players to just use in the CB...

sigfile

Explorer
5. There is no way to click inherent bonuses on and off. They are not available in any setting other than Dark Sun, and in Dark Sun you can't turn them off.
I'm not seeing the same result. I create a Dark Sun character (a slayer), level it to two, and there's no enhancement bonus to hit or damage applied to my MBA.

What steps are you taking where you see the bonus appear?

Last edited:

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I'm not seeing the same result. I create a Dark Sun character (a slayer), level it to two, and there's no enhancement bonus to hit or damage applied to my MBA.

What steps are you taking where you see the bonus appear?

Edit - Oh, that's weird. I leveled him up to three and the bonus appeared. I de-leveled him back to two and the bonus is still there. That's got to be a bug. Reported.

The online CB supports inherant rules, but doesn't allow you to turn them off or on. One work a round is to create a blank character (no race, no class, etc) with the old character builder with the option turned on. Upload that character and use it as a template.

sigfile

Explorer
The online CB supports inherant rules, but doesn't allow you to turn them off or on. One work a round is to create a blank character (no race, no class, etc) with the old character builder with the option turned on. Upload that character and use it as a template.
Can you confirm that all the campaign-specific options show up? I tried this a while back and, while it did incorporate the inherent bonuses, it didn't seem to create a Dark Sun campaign character. If that's been fixed, awesome. :)

PS - you're a ninja. I realized I'd grabbed the wrong "test" character and tried to edit my original post before anyone had a chance to read it. I failed. Must.Use.Strikethroughs. Sorry!

ki11erDM

Explorer
Did not fix the one bug I wanted fixed:
"Features that let you replace one element with another, such as retraining and multiclass power swap feats, do not work correctly in some cases."

/sigh

MrGrenadine

Explorer
Did not fix the one bug I wanted fixed:
"Features that let you replace one element with another, such as retraining and multiclass power swap feats, do not work correctly in some cases."

/sigh

Same here. I play in one 4e game, and I have one 4e character--a MC Cleric/Fighter--and unless I can create THAT character with the CB, its basically useless to me.

Remove ads