10 Adventures: Which Ones Should I Get?

Which of these 10 adventures should I get?

• Bergholt: By Shadow of Night (Troll Lord Games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beyond the Towers (Green Ronin)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • DCC #21: Assault on Stormbringer Castle (Goodman Games)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • DCC #22: The Stormbringer Juggernaut (Goodman Games)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Demon God's Fane (Malhavoc Press)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Of Sound Mind (Fiery Dragon)

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The Banewarrens (Malhavoc Press)

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • The Bonegarden (Necromancer Games)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The Gryphon's Legacy (Gaslight Press)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Vindication (Necromancer Games)

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The title of the tread says it all... which of these adventures should I get?

Bergholt: By Shadow of Night (Troll Lord Games)
Beyond the Towers (Green Ronin)
DCC #21: Assault on Stormbringer Castle (Goodman Games)
DCC #22: The Stormbringer Juggernaut (Goodman Games)
Demon God's Fane (Malhavoc Press)
Of Sound Mind (Fiery Dragon)
The Banewarrens (Malhavoc Press)
The Bonegarden (Necromancer Games)
The Gryphon's Legacy (Gaslight Press)
Vindication (Necromancer Games)

Last edited:

To run, or to read?

Vindication is an excellent read. It is a slow-burning metaplot that you superimpose over your existing campaign, with an absorbing climax once the PCs figure out just who has been messing with their lives over the last ten levels. There will never have been an NPC villain who was hated this much by the PCs.

The problem with running it is that the players know exactly who has been hindering their characters in their quest for loot - the DM! I don't think it would be suitable for my group - running it would lead to player resentment and probably outright revolt so that we never got to the payoff at the end.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Of Sound Mind was written by one of the mods around here, IIRC - the resident piratical feline, I believe? So hey, brownie points. Also, I hear it's good.

Otherwise, the DCCs are generally fine too, though I'm not familiar with either of those, specifically. But I voted for them nonetheless.

CsonTep

First Post
The Gryphon's Legacy is very good. Though, while mostly self-contained, is part 1 of a series that never went anywhere.

I also really liked Vindication! It is slow. You start messing with the PCs at 1st level but they don't get to mess back until about 10th (suggested in the adventure)

KDM27

Last edited:

Of Sound Mind was written by one of the mods around here, IIRC - the resident piratical feline, I believe? So hey, brownie points. Also, I hear it's good.
It is good.

The only potential downside is that it uses a lot of 3.0 psionics, which changed quite a bit in 3.5. A large amount of the flavour would be lost if you converted it to 3.5.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, cool!

The only potential downside is that it uses a lot of 3.0 psionics, which changed quite a bit in 3.5. A large amount of the flavour would be lost if you converted it to 3.5.
Fiery Dragon published a 3.5 pdf update at one point, although I don't think it's currently being sold. I was pretty happy with the flavor.

I've been commissioned by Diaglo to finally write a sequel (for OD&D! I'll probably do a 4e appendix, though), so I'm going to try and talk FPD into making the original PDF available for sale again when the sequel comes out in late summer.

Crothian

First Post
I ran the Bonegarden, it was fun. THere is some odd things in there but one can ignore them. It is a well done site based adventrue.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I voted for The Banewarrens. Even if you don't run the complete thing, it offers a lot of cool ideas.

And any adventure taking place in Ptolus using quite some Ptolusitish elements deserves a place in your library. :cool:

catsclaw227

First Post
I ran Banwearrens, Demon God's Fane, Bonegarden and Vindication.

All pretty darn good. They all needed a little work to fit into my campaign but that's to be assumed. And I agree with amethal, Vindication really put my PC and players through the wringer.

BTW -- you should check out some of the old Monkey God adventures, they're fun too.

Remove ads