• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 10% of Phandelver mining wealth amounts to ...?

Agglomérante

First Post
A reward suggested in Lost Mine of Phandelver is 10% of the mine's wealth, once it's up and running.

Who's pegged a number? What did you arrive at?

S_Dalsgaard

First Post
A guy over at the WotC forum calculated it to 3000 gp per month, from numbers he basically pulled out of the air, but which sounded impressive :)

Personally I will give the party 1,000 gp per month after a year (the first year all profits will go to getting the mine up and running). I think that is a reasonable amount and the party already have big plans for setting up shop in Phandalin, so I will have plenty of opportunities to take most of it back.

Basically give them what you think is reasonable and would fit with your vision of campaign wealth.

Klaus

First Post
Enough for a comfortable lifestyle for as long as the mine operates? If they haggle for a 30% reward, I'd bump that up to a wealthy lifestyle.

edhel

Explorer
Depending on what kind of contract you wrote, the dwarves might do some creative accounting and you'll get nothing. Mine consulting fees are getting out of hand.

Remove ads