• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1000 ways to be a D&D Snob

DDK

Banned
Banned
277.* You played Chainmail when it was first released and went on to play the original D&D and then use your years of experience to define yourself as someone everybody else in the roleplaying community should listen to because things just weren't like they used to be. Other people think you just use your experience as a club and wouldn't know your munchkin from your power gamer.

*I haven't read through every single one since that would be time-consuming and would indicate that I actually research my opinions before posting them; this will never be the case! So if this is a repeat, then so be it!

DDK

Banned
Banned
wolff96 said:
88. Lay out plots and political intrigue that would leave Machiavelli scratching his head, and then kill off all the players for missing all the "obvious" solutions.

Well they WERE obvious... sheesh...

First Post
279. You consider everything published starting with Unearthed Arcana, to be for Munchkins!

280. You only play tabletop wargames, DnD is for kids!

281. Harn is the one true game that is not munchkin, because you may never even see an Elf or get a magic weapon...Ahh true role playing. "Say Hadric...I'm not sure my rutabega crops are going to make it this year..."

DDK

Banned
Banned
282*. It's tarra-SKEW, not tar-RASK!

283*. It's tar-RASK, not tarra-SKEW!

284*. It's li-K, not li-tch!

285*. It's li-tch, not li-K!

*I haven't read through every single one since that would be time-consuming and would indicate that I actually research my opinions before posting them; this will never be the case! So if this is a repeat, then so be it!

Last edited:

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Just so you know - it's litch. I looked it up.

286. "It's drO, because I met EGG at a convention and he personally told me so."

287. "Well, in EGG's guide to good dungeon mastering, it says to just dump any player who disagrees with your rulings..."

jollyninja

First Post
WanderingMonster said:

271a. You deny that Charisma is a "dump stat".

*in horrible scottich accent* bastard monsters, where's my axe of ultimate strength at the cost of personality?

yes charisma is the dump stat in a min/max sort of way.

Chain Lightning

First Post
288. You take gaming refuge in RoleMaster till they make a D&D edition you approve of. (or is that considered a RoleMaster Snob?)

289. You have written a list of 100 common first names and last names for each race. Then have the players pick their character names using those lists. You do this to maintain world continuity and most off all, to keep your one friend from using " Aragorn " as his character's name yet again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads