• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 101 Mercenary missions

Not sure what number we're on ...

36. Hired to overthrow the government of a small banana republic in Chult.

37. Has their employment contract broken by their employer, who puts out "Wanted: Dead or Alive" notices.

38. Every episode of "The A-Team".

39. Hired to join an opposing army, and turn coat at an opportune moment.

40. Hired to be the assault troops storming the gates of Dis.

damnbul

First Post
Infestation of phase spiders in a cavern under the edge of a city. Its been making people disappear in the night in several buildings in the area. Investigate the disappearances and locate survivors.

A meteor fell from the sky, its been taken by an evil cult looking to use whatever material it is to summon a connection to an old one. stop them and get the material.

Our guild is new and we need more members. Travel to several places, find these specific people and try and recruit them. (these people are in dangerous areas)

animal chubs

First Post
I have a few missions planned out for when im DM, but just remember to go with the flow. For example. Last session i DMed and i had a thief try to steal a players bag of coins. He countered her and grabbed the thief. (then found all the weapons like the hidden blade on her right leg XD) And ended up befriend her lol. This was just a random thing that happened and they ended up making a friend and getting information on a place that they're gonna rob. all with out killing a single person! i had so much planned out for combat and they changed how the game was supposed to be played! its was awesome.

Anyway but to your quest help. i have a folder of some files that i could give to you if you want some ideas. but i like quests that give a lot of options and arnt always geared towards combat.

The guild has been approached by a secret emissary of the [king/duke/baron/lord/whatever]. There's a conspiracy against him in his own court, and while he knows some of his own guard are in on it, he doesn't know which ones! He needs outsiders--people he knows aren't in with the conspirators--to come and pretend to join his personal guard, ferret out the conspirators, and keep him safe (from them and any other threat that might arise) in the process. Oh, and the guards--corrupt and honest both--are likely to be resentful of the new guys...

JWO

First Post
Does anyone know of any good published urban adventure paths/adventures that could fit this? I.e. working for a guild/organisation who gives out missions.

Preferably Pathfinder, 3.5 or 4e? I only say that because I'm more familiar with their formats, and I'd prefer something for which I might have a chance of getting a hard copy...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads