13th Age 2E update!

Weiley31

Legend
Well, I just got an email today about the start of the Kickstarter for 13th Age 2E. Looks like the date is set for May 7th and it'll be in two books according to the email.

Completely forgot about the Playtest packets I emailed for last year ago.

Beta Packet seems to be both books or something together

And yes, everything is still compatible with 2E from the small preview in the May 7th email.

So guess that means with playing 13th age, I'll combine 2E with Glorantha+13th age 2E+Primeval Thule+Midgard 13th age.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
I just purchased the Bundle for the 1st edition stuff this morning.
It's supposed to be backward compatible, right?
It is. Supposedly the later classes ( from the 13 Ways supplement book) will later get a 2E update ala the standard classes from 1E in another release down the road. But regardless of that happening, the previous editions' content will still be good to use alongside 13th Age 2E.

Note, this ALSO includes any 3PP book material as well. They were apparently dead set on making sure NONE of the previous material for 13th Age would be deemed useless upon the release of 13th Age 2E regardless if it was official material or not.

Pretty safe to assume it'll fund without difficulty. Do they have a projected retail release date after it does so? I feel like the FLGS is going to need some serious prodding to stock it properly, their distributors have been telling them 13th Age is OOP since just after Three Towers dropped and never did order some of the earlier books.

Weiley31

Legend
Pretty safe to assume it'll fund without difficulty. Do they have a projected retail release date after it does so? I feel like the FLGS is going to need some serious prodding to stock it properly, their distributors have been telling them 13th Age is OOP since just after Three Towers dropped and never did order some of the earlier books.
The email didn't say. Probably will have the rough estimate on the Kickstarter page for.whej backers get it. Then after that it would go to retail.

The email didn't say. Probably will have the rough estimate on the Kickstarter page for.whej backers get it. Then after that it would go to retail.
No surprises, it is awfully early yet. Just hope they have more luck with US distribution than they have over the last few years, the whole company has been poorly served of late and the lazier, less-informed retailers don't even realize it's happening.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Haven't read it yet, but is the rumor true that a day will go back to being 24 (or however many) hours and not an ambiguous game mechanic time unit (that will get some other name)?

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Haven't read it yet, but is the rumor true that a day will go back to being 24 (or however many) hours and not an ambiguous game mechanic time unit (that will get some other name)?
If the rumor is that they're adding a new game mechanic time unit to replace "day" in terms of healing/power recharging then yes that rumor appears to be true. The 2nd edition preview document that they sent out after the kickstarter announcement to folks who had done alpha testing uses the term "arc" instead of "day" for the time between full heal-ups.

Remove ads