Pathfinder 2E 2 New Pathfinder Videogames Announced (Update: Abomination Vaults game confirmed)

CommodoreKong

Explorer
Paizo announced today they're teaming up with Bkom studios to release 2 new Pathfinder games. One will be releasing later this year on Steam, one is in early development. No details on what type of games they'll be yet as far as I can tell.

Update:
Hopefully this is a full length RPG using the PF2 rule set. With the tease I'm guessing we'll get the kickstarter in the next week or two.

Last edited:

Davies

Legend
Reading between the lines of some comments elsewhere, I suspect that this is going to be something like Studio BKom's no-longer-available Tomb of Annihilation game, about which I know zip and diddly.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
If they use the PF2E rules I'll be there. If like Kingmaker they use PF1E then I'll pass on them.

I know some feel the other way around. But I've moved off in a different direction from the 3.x rulebase. And I'd really like to see the PF2E ruleset in a video game.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Reading between the lines of some comments elsewhere, I suspect that this is going to be something like Studio BKom's no-longer-available Tomb of Annihilation game, about which I know zip and diddly.
It appears to be an adaptation of the board game of the same name. The official D&D Youtube channel has a playlist with gameplay footage.

GreyLord

Legend
It appears to be an adaptation of the board game of the same name. The official D&D Youtube channel has a playlist with gameplay footage.

I'm not sure that would be a great idea.

I think there were many who were not happy with how that game was implemented.

I could see taking some ideas from that game and applying them to a new Pathfinder one, but ToA was based off a D&D adventure boardgame...and for the uninitiated can be a very punishing game to boot. Some who expected a pure D&D game (with 5e inspiration) and got this game based (with rules based off of 4e inspiration) they were sorely unhappy.

I feel BKOM has a solid programming history though, so whatever they come up with probably will be solid overall, but I'm not sure adapting it from ToA is a great idea.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I'm not sure that would be a great idea.

I think there were many who were not happy with how that game was implemented.

I could see taking some ideas from that game and applying them to a new Pathfinder one, but ToA was based off a D&D adventure boardgame...and for the uninitiated can be a very punishing game to boot. Some who expected a pure D&D game (with 5e inspiration) and got this game based (with rules based off of 4e inspiration) they were sorely unhappy.

I feel BKOM has a solid programming history though, so whatever they come up with probably will be solid overall, but I'm not sure adapting it from ToA is a great idea.
Sorry, I responding to what the ToA game was. I have no information on or idea about the two games Paizo announced beyond what they have said.

Remove ads