• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2011 Campaign Setting... Azeroth?

weem

First Post
wotc_2011_wow.jpg

Sorry...

...needed a quick break at work today :yawn:

I think this topic has come up before, but I will repeat:

WHAT IS THIS!!!! A SETTING FOR ANTS!! In order to be useful Azeroth would have to be 10 TIMES the size!:p

Gunpowder

First Post

WHAT IS THIS!!!! A SETTING FOR ANTS!! In order to be useful Azeroth would have to be 10 TIMES the size!:p

I don't know who I should be ashamed of more. You for referencing Zoolander or me for getting it.

edit: Weem, do you have that pic without the border? Cause it is a nice looking picture of an eladrin wizard.

Last edited:

LFK

First Post

In all fairness the conceptual size of Azeroth and the gameplay size of Azeroth (in WoW) are not the same. It's a visual example of time/space compression for the purpose of pacing gameplay in the same way that traveling from Winterhaven to Fallcrest to Hammerfast takes 30 seconds of playtime if the DM doesn't have anything that happens along the way.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I don't know who I should be ashamed of more. You for referencing Zoolander or me for getting it.

edit: Weem, do you have that pic without the border? Cause it is a nice looking picture of an eladrin wizard.

It's Quel'thas, the prince of the Blood Elves. Are those eyebrows amazing or what?

Actually Azeroth has an amazingly rich and complicated backstory that would make for a great D&D setting; you just don't really get a sense of that while playing WoW.

weem

First Post
It's Quel'thas, the prince of the Blood Elves. Are those eyebrows amazing or what?

Actually Azeroth has an amazingly rich and complicated backstory that would make for a great D&D setting; you just don't really get a sense of that while playing WoW.

I have a friend who loves the world - the history, everything - he knows it very well and I'm sure he would love something like this. Personally I wouldn't only because I have others I would love to see first, hehe.

So, nothing against WoW fans at all, I played it a few years myself (have not played since just before BC came out) but I know some people would be very against the idea ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads