2015---IN REMEMBRANCE....

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I just learned that former German president, Richard von Weizsäcker, died on Jan 31. He became the first democratically elected president to hold office over all of Germany since Paul von Hindenburg in 1934.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Former Joystiq, Shacknews editor Andrew Yoon passes away

It is with a heavy heart today that GamesIndustry.biz can confirm the death of Andrew Yoon. Reports surfaced online earlier that a man had drowned at McKinney Falls State Park in Austin, Texas. The name had not been released by local authorities at the time, but we have independently confirmed with the Austin Police Department that the tragic death was indeed Yoon.

In Remembrance

Falkus

Explorer
Monty's passing has affected me more than I thought it would, enough so that I can't help but take time to write about what he meant to me over on my blog.

Now that I've had some time to process it, it's had a pretty big affect on me too :( I miss him, a lot; I never really realized how much an impact he had on me until he was gone.

Rest in peace Monty.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Dean Smith, legendary former North Carolina coach, dies at 83 (updated)

Dean Smith, the legendary former coach at North Carolina and one of the greatest coaches of all time in college basketball, has died at the age of 83.

The death of Smith, whose health had failed in recent years, was announced by the university Sunday morning. He passed quietly, his family said in a statement, Saturday evening just three weeks shy of his 84th birthday. “Coach Dean Smith passed away peacefully the evening of February 7 at his home in Chapel Hill, and surrounded by his wife and five children,” the family said. “We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, and appreciate the continued respect for our privacy as arrangements are made available to the public. Thank you.”

In Remembrance

Remove ads