• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

I'll DM this.

Describe your action for your turn. It's best if you describe any contingencies if you fail, e.g., "I shoot a Fire Bolt at the goblin. If I miss, I bonus action to Misty Step 30' away."

I will provide the dice rolls for your actions.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Exactly, for them +5 and lucky beat DC 19.
Because Lucky Feat allows a reroll, which, statistically, is equivalent to rolling with Advantage, which is statistically equivalent to +5, which makes the roll 20.

Choose: Falling, or riding an unwilling mount. Or, admit defeat.

prabe

Supporter
Cry, ahahaha. The Yuan-ti Sorcerer casts a visible spell agaisnt the Nightmare and the Bastion convince it to attack you.
This tactic failed.
The time to convince the nightmare to be your willing servant was before you cast Planar Binding on it.

Choose: Falling, or riding an unwilling mount. Or, admit defeat.

Hohige

Explorer
The time to convince the nightmare to be your willing servant was before you cast Planar Binding on it.
hAHAHA, Sutble Wished Planar Binding is imperceptible and the Bastion has unbeatiable Deception check.
Accept that failed tatic. It also isn't a granteed dispel. Pretty bad tatic. :ROFLMAO:

prabe

Supporter
You statisticly dispel his Planar Binding, casting a visible casting against the Nightmare.

And the Bastion convince the nightmare to defeat you.
Persuation check.
You can only make a Persuasion check if the DM says you can. There's no DM to say you can, so you can't.

There's also no DM to say you can do it as a reaction, or as an action, or as a bonus action, so you can't do it as any of those.

Choose: Falling or riding an unwilling mount. Or, admit defeat.

prabe

Supporter
hAHAHA, Sutble Wished Planar Binding is imperceptible and the Bastion has unbeatiable Deception check.
Accept that failed.
Casting the spell is imperceptible, but the spell's effects are not. The nightmare knows it was subject to Planar Binding.

Choose: Falling or riding an unwilling mount. Or, admit defeat.

Seriously, this is not anywhere close to working, because, as I expected, Hohige is just trying rules-lawyer his way out, and predictable dice rolls aren't really realistic, since the possibility of failure is always there, even with high bonuses. You guys want to start over with me DMing?

Hohige

Explorer
Casting the spell is imperceptible, but the spell's effects are not. The nightmare knows it was subject to Planar Binding.
Admit the defeat.
It doesn't have noticiable effect. HAhahaha. The Bastion can simply unbeatiable persuation to make them as loyal serve.

Xanathar pg 85.
"As noted in the Player's Handbook, you normally don't know that a spell has been cast unless the spell produces a noticeable effect."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads