• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Oofta

Legend
Wow. So ... we went from a sorcerer can take on the world to a sorcerer could take out an adventuring party if they have surprise and everything stacked in their favor to a 1-on-1 duel with the sorcerer riding Schroedinger's nightmare that is neither willing nor unwilling? If unwilling the sorcerer can use a persuasion check (who decides the DC on this?) as in interrupt?

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Admit the defeat.
It doesn't have noticiable effect. HAhahaha. The Bastion can simply unbeatiable persuation to make them as loyal serve.
So, you are admitting defeat?

You are admitting that your "Unbeatable Bastion" has lost without taking any actions?

Hohige

Explorer
Subtle Wish Planar Binding:

. As noted in the Player's Handbook, you normally don't know that a spell has been cast unless the spell produces a noticeable effect.

When you dispel it, you just attack a creature that is convinced to defeat you.
Persuation Check.

Hohige

Explorer
When it because obvious the "Unbeatable Bastion" was going to die without taking a turn, at a guess.
Ahahaha,
It's a pretty bad.
It isn't granteed Dispel and It doesn't granteed that the Nightmare is hostile or unwilling. Hahahahaha
But,

I'm laughing at this tactic. DM. On my turn can I convince the Nightmare to defeat anyone who cast a spell against Nightmare?

prabe

Supporter
Subtle Wish Planar Binding:

. As noted in the Player's Handbook, you normally don't know that a spell has been cast unless the spell produces a noticeable effect.

When you dispel it, you just attack a creature that is convinced to defeat you.
Persuation Check.
Planar Binding has a noticeable effect--the creature is bound to obey you for the duration.

A willful evil creature like a nightmare will resent being the subject of a Planar Binding and will not be a willing mount.

You already declared the nightmare was under the effects of a Planar Binding.

Choose: Falling or riding an unwilling mount. Or, admit defeat.

prabe

Supporter
Ahahaha,
It's a pretty bad.
It isn't granteed Dispel and It doesn't granteed that the Nightmare is hostile. Hahahahaha
But,

I'm laughing at this tactic. DM. On my turn can I convince myself to attack anyone who cast a spell against Nightmare?
It is clear you are refusing to choose whether you are falling or riding an unwilling mount.

Therefore, you must be admitting defeat.

I'll lay out my terms if you accept:

1. I provide dice rolls
2. Describe your turn & any contingencies, so I can give as thorough rolls as I can.
3. Active skill checks ordinarily take an Action, unless otherwise stated by the rules.
4. You are prepped & positioned as earlier described.
5. Yeenoghu has bound both of you kill each other within 1 minute. The loser is eaten by Yeenoghu. The winner is also eaten by Yeenoghu. If nobody dies within 1 minute, he hands you over to Iuz, who binds you eternally into his Throne of Bone and Blood, where your unceasing pain will fuel his Chariot of Hate as he makes war on the righteous.

Hohige

Explorer
It is clear you are refusing to choose whether you are falling or riding an unwilling mount.

Therefore, you must be admitting defeat.
DM.
+5 and lucky vs 19 DC.
What your opinion?

-----------------------------------

What you think to convince my Nightmare to defeat who cast spell against it?

Lets try be unpartial DM ^^.

Remove ads