24 4e Style : Day 2

The Digger

First Post
Garrick nips up the steps to Z32, hovering (not literally!) in the shadows cast by the upper dais. He is aware he can get down quicker than most and reckons a 'top level' operative is required up here.

Thanee

First Post
Leyra

Leyra holds one hand against her left ear to keep the noise down. It barely works. At least, she thinks, it might prevent any lasting damage. Her keen eyes scan the crowd, but is impossible to make out potential threats within. She could only hope, that things would stay quiet, but when did that help the last time? Yeah, right.

OOC: AB36 (next to the bottom right crystal).

Erekose13

Explorer
Mirage maintains his position at a distance from the consul. It will be difficult to use some of his more destructive powers with all these people, but his selection of ranged abilities and his location will proove beneficial for monitoring the consul.

ooc: on the north statue, AA20, keeping an eye on the consul and the crowd.

Velmont

First Post
Nathan decides to moves more into the crowd instead of staying at the edge of teh crowd, but he stay in range to teleport back inside the protected area. (V44)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-"All right guys, I know you've heard this before, but stay alert. I'm noting a drop off in reports!" says Shayla, AKA Control one over everyone's communication crystal.

She had been tasked with monitoring the security by Karath. The fact that she was doing her job confortably in the Brimstone inn, the temporary campaign HQ of the Consul, made the admonishment a litle hard to swallow to some the guards. It was freezing out here!

-"Ooh, and the campaign manager just signed Neostalgia to provide entertainment for the fundraiser. They will be rehearshing at the inn and when this is over we can all gather around, listen to awesome music and drink great ale. That tiefling chick who owns the place brews the best stuff in town! Too bad she and her staff can't cook." she adds cheerfully.

As ever, she was always either endearingly or annoyingly upbeat, depending on your disposition. Still, Neostalgia was a very renowned troop, this was a great coup for the campaign to get their public support.

Suddenly the agents near the pyramid are startled to see a powerful crossbow bolt barely deflected by the ritual shield protecting the speaker. The crowd hasn't even realized what is going on before the guard next to Garrick does as he is trained activates the ritual warding's reinforcement rune. Four other guards standing near the pyramid and carrying heavy packpack filled with alachemical compound do as they are trained and immediately pull a cord and a thick smokescreen forms in instant, making it impossible to target the consul with magic requiring line of sight and making all but impossible to aim.

-"What's going on? Speak, damn it!" snaps Shayla

-"Third building from the street, North West! Third story, East window!" shouts a guard too loud and hurting everyone's hearing. A rookie. Still got the target right.

Agents on the roof and on the periphery rushes to the location. Agents near the consul, which includes our heroes, bunker around the fence and protect the consul with instruction to engage anyone trying to get past the fence. Agents near the streets starts urging the crowd to move away peacefully; at this point your instructions are to stay in the smoke screeen until the crowd can be dispersed; do not attempt to push through as there might be assassins hidden in the crowd and you wouldn't see them until it is too late.

The waiting is tense as the crowd is nowhere calm enough to start exiting.
Suddenly the heroes hear warnings in their comm crystal; Dragon! Dragon! The agents looks wildly around them, trying to pierce the smoke and to hear the telltale swooshing wing sound over the crowd's hysteria.

Leyra,Nathan,Garrick,Kern;Mirage;Dagran (1d20+19=20, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+13=23, 1d20+11=13, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+8=22)

stealth (1d20+9=24)

Suddenly and incredibly, the smoke is blown largely out of the way by the arrival of a large, grey and horned beast with amazing wingspwan swooping toward the top of the pyramid!

[sblock=OOC]
Garrick; your perception is +13, not +12

That Dragon is not a stealth master, but it still beat you all! That being said it doesn't get a free round of attack, getting to start the fight this close is its own reward.

You still have the right to activate a utility power before the fight if you wish, having gotten enough heads up warning.

That Dragon doesn't hover (it can't, actually). Right now it moves toward the top of the pyramid, apparently acting as some kind of assassin, but it must always move at least 2 sqare to stay aloft. Right now it is 4 square high (+4).

The consul is currently protected by a powerful warding aura. It has 50 hp and 20 damagre resistance vs eveything but powers with either no Keyword (standard melee weapon) or the Force Keyword.

Obviously, with the smoke thinned and a Dragon in sight, the crowd will start to stampede.

On my turn, anyone in crowd will risk being trampled. The crowd will also thin and change round by round.
[/sblock]

Leyra, Nathan, Garrick, Mirage, Dagran, Kern; Dragon (1d20+9=19, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+13=32, 1d20+9=18, 1d20+8=28, 1d20+18=19, 1d20+11=29) initiative

[sblock]See how for the second turn in a row I screw the person with the best bonus by rolling a 1? That's my special talent.

Dragon has 29, only Garrick beats that so he is up

Gray Dragon
Perception : 25 ; darkvision
Aura of Terror (Fear) aura 5; any enemy within the aura takes a –2
penalty to saving throws.
HP 615; Bloodied 307;
AC 29; Fortitude 27, Refl ex 26, Will 26
Resist 20 acid
[/sblock]

Status

Leyra 81/81 [11] [2] AP,SW,EA
Nathan 109/109 [12] [2] AP.SW
Garrick 80/80 [7] [2] AP,SW,SC
Mirage 79 [8] [2] AP,SW,IW
Dagran 119/119 [15] [2] AP,SW
Kern 90/90 [7] [2] AP,SW

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Leyra

Leyra curses herself for not being able to see such a huge target any earlier, must have been the smoke.

OOC: Looks like I miscounted the squares, I wanted to be inside not outside (i.e. 2 squares up from the current position).

The Digger

First Post
"Well that's a little more than I expected" mused Garrick. "Just as well I'm not a great fan of Neostalgia, looks like we won't be getting to see them anytime soon."

As he muttered he swiftly drew and threw a shuriken at the giant beast. His intent was to distract the beast and that was adequately served. Hitting the dragon's eyelid caused it to flinch giving Garrick and his friends a brief moment of opportunity.

"Hit it people, and hit it hard!"

[sblock=OOC]Distracting Wound; Attack 17+19 = 36; damage 16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947388/; Sneak attack 14 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947391/; target grants CA to me and allies until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]
[/sblo

[sblock=Powers]
Initiative +15; Senses Perception 23, Insight 18
Vision: Normal
HP 80; Bloodied 40; Healing Surge 20; Surges Per Day 7
AC 26 (33)*; Fort 27, Ref 21, Will 24
* vs OA
+2 AC (untyped) if adjacent to at least two larger enemies
+2 AC (untyped) vs attacks from an enemy I have CA over.
+2 bonus to AC vs OA during Boots’ encounter power move
Speed 7 (8)
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Weapon:
Vicious Shuriken +3: +17 (1d6+10)(3d12 crit)
Footpad’s Friend Dagger +2: +14 to hit: (1d4 +6):
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Powers:
Deft Strike
Sly Flourish
Fleeting Ghost
Shadow Stride
Chameleon
Positioning Strike
Trickster’s Blade
From the Shadows
Distracting Wound
Second Chance
Impossible to Grab
Quickling Boots - Move
Elven Armour - move
Blinding Barrage
Staggering Assault
Burst Fire[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Garrick + Leyra]Distracting wound is 2W, no 1.

1d6=5

35 total damage.

Leyra; moved you to intended starting spot; The spot you indicated originally was on the wall so I opted to go one lower but if you wanted up, that's no problem.

You would still have gotten caught in the blast 5 at AB37 so you didn't get screwed. ;)

[/sblock]

The beast glides southward and breaths a huge cloud of acid, clearly aiming for the consul but taking care to hit as many of his defenders as possible. The result is devastating and everyone suffers serious burns but the force field hold and the consul is unscathed. One can almost discern a look of surprise and anger on the alien features of the gray dragon.

Dagran vs 26 ; Garrick vs 21 ; Leyra vs 20 (1d20+15=29, 1d20+15=27, 1d20+15=24, 2d10+4=19)

breath recharge = 5 (1d6=2)

Garrick and Leyra are almost washed away from the pyramid but they manage to hang on for dear life. Everyone who survives the blast feels the corrosive effect of the acid and, paradoxically, a stiffening of their joints, making it hard to move. The remaining bodyguard are all fallen or paralyzed and soon it becomes obvious that only the veteran agents stand a chance against the mighty beast.

Garrick's save, Leyra's save (1d20=20, 1d20=12) avoid being pushed off the pyramid, prone.

Suddenly the agents hear more cacophony from their comm crystals. It soons become obvious that there is a raid against against the Campaign HQ! That poor tiefling lady that rented the inn to the Consul's campaign team did not know what she was in for... Shalya is disturbingly silent; she must have been forced away from her console. Whatever is going on over there, the fighting is heavy.

Meanwhile, Nathan is caught in a stampeding crowd and tries to retains his footing. He barely manages to avoid getting trampled.

vs DC 22 (1d20+13=26)

[sblock]Ending your turn in dense crowd will now expose you to the risk of getting knocked over and trampled. Next round I will change the shape of teh crowd as it tries to exit the area. But there are way too many people and the streets are not wide enough for it to be a quick process.[/sblock]

Status

Dragon : 580/615, 2 AP, Concdes combat advantage, breath used

Dragon is now indicated by the X; still 4 square up.

Leyra 62 (57) /81 [11] [2] AP,SW,EA, prone,Ongoing 5 acid and immobilized (save ends both), -2 to save
Nathan 109/109 [12] [2] AP.SW
Garrick 61 (56) /80 [7] [2] AP,SW,SC,prone,Ongoing 5 acid and immobilized (save ends both), -2 to save
Mirage 79 [8] [2] AP,SW,IW
Dagran 100 (95)/119 [15] [2] AP,SW, Ongoing 5 acid and immobilized (save ends both), -2 to save
Kern 90/90 [7] [2] AP,SW

Remember -2 saving throw penalty people; you area all in the zone!

Gray Dragon
Perception : 25 ; darkvision
Aura of Terror (Fear) aura 5; any enemy within the aura takes a –2
penalty to saving throws.
HP 615; Bloodied 307;
AC 29; Fortitude 27, Refl ex 26, Will 26
Resist 20 acid

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]OOC: Dagran 109 (95)/119 [15] [2] AP,SW, Ongoing 5 acid and immobilized (save ends both), -2 to save
Unbreakable went off as I took the acid damage, so I only took 10.[/sblock]
Dagran shouts, "Get down here, beastie!" and hurls an axe at the dragon but his efforts are to no avail.
[sblock=rolls]Handaxe vs. AC 29; save vs. acid/immob. (1d20+14=15, 1d6+9=13, 1d20-2=0)
I mark the Dragon. if that is possible.[/sblock]
[sblock=status]Dagran 110/119(59)[15/15(33)]; AC: 30; F/R/W: 25/21/21; AP 1; SW
Encounter Abilities-
-Bell Ringer Fighter Attack 1 (MP,p.7) [Standard Action]
-Crushing Blow Fighter Attack 3 Standard Action Melee weapon
-Come and Get It Fighter Attack 7 Standard Action Close burst 3
-Inexorable Advance Dreadnought Attack 11 Standard Action Melee weapon
-Unbreakable Fighter Utility 6 Immediate Reaction Personal
-Into the Fray Fighter Utility 10 Minor Action Personal
Daily Abilities-
-Brute Strike Fighter Attack 1 Standard Action Melee weapon
-Cometfall Charge Fighter Attack 5(MP,p.11) Standard Action (Charge) Melee weapon
-Shift the Battlefield Fighter Attack 9 Standard Action Close burst 1 (enemies0
-Resounding Weapon Free Action
-Unstoppable Fighter Utility 2 Minor Action Personal
-Blood Iron Dreadnought Utility 12 Immediate Reaction Personal[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Leyra

OOC: Yep, yep, that's fine. Totally expected to get caught in some area powers up there, but wanted to be close to the counsellor, to be able to help, if necessary.

Leyra coughs, as she gets up, but seeing the dragon still nearby, she does not waste a moment and begins to strike back.

OOC: Stand Up; Hunter's Quarry; Lance of Faith (hit 28 Reflex for 22 radiant damage); Save (successful).

Garrick gets a +2 power bonus on his next attack!

Remove ads