• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24th Level Eladrin Cunning Bard/Resourceful Magician/Wizard, looking at feats...

Roseweave

Explorer
I play a character that's themed as somewhat of a theatre diva/fairy princess courtesan, that's mechanically an Eladrin but meant to be sort of like a Leanan Sidhe by way of feytouchedness.

I'm looking at powers that fit my character at the moment at Level 24. The level 23 Wizard encounters aren't spectacular and the Bard ones are of course generally always weaker(I played around with Artificer/Warlock/Sorcerer multiclass stuff and found nothing either). There are a couple of decent ones, like Thunderclap.

Since my character is meant to be somewhat of a Psychic Vampire I've always wanted a power that reflects that so it's not just in the meta/fluff. As luck would have it, there IS suck a power at 23rd level, but it's not great. It focuses on healing rather then debilitating conditions, when I already have a bit of healing and only need something for a bit of a temp boost in a tough fight, while disabling an enemy. It's a weak power overall.

On the other hand since we're in an undead heavy campaign, I've been thinking of swapping out my sleep spell, Slumber of the Winter Court, a Level 15 Wizard Daily. There IS a passable Vampirey spell at that level which has some decent debilitating effects(weakened for example) but it's not psychic type. I have psychic lock, so I'd like it to be. Is there any way to retype it?

Since my character is sort of an Archfey now(represented by a refluff of the Avangion epic destiny, she's a big glowy fairy) I might focus on something a bit different. I also looked at things like summons, but none of them were that great since they required standard actions to maintain and did piddly damage and little in the way of status effects.

Suggestions are welcome! Items, feats, etc. I'm having a hard time picking a decent feat, Bards have an excess of them but few good ones. I ended up taking a couple of Vistani feats because they were useful mechanically and fit the character's backstory of having some Gur heritage.

Roseweave

Explorer
also if i take thunderclap, given i already have a thunder at will, are there any decent supporting feats?

looking at other options... horde of puckish sprites is recommended, but I don't like it much since they need to end their turn in the zone, adjacent to another enemy. granted they're slowed, but unless it's packed tight they're not going to have much bother moving away from an adjacent enemy.

Remove ads