• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

25mm Sniper Rifle

ragboy

Explorer
Anime Kidd said:
I got the impression that the 25mm isn't a full-length round, but was shortened. Look at the pic. Those rounds are rather squat (big round, not much powder) when compared to how a .50 looks. This is the reason why I kept the range and crit. as is, and the damage only slightly better. I don't want to make this thing the next BFG on the block.
Well. It's a BFG by design. What the gamemaster does with it is a different story.

Anime Kidd said:
As for HE rounds, it didn't mention them. I assume you are referring to the Bradley's 25mm, correct?
The URL they (and I) reference HE as the standard ammunition. Doesn't mention AP at all.

Anime Kidd said:
For the BORS sight, I would just make that an integrated telescopic sight. As for how it would calculate all the variables for range, wind, etc. This could be the only real thing that counts for a better Range Increment then the Fifty.
It's a big difference, especially at the ranges they're talking. You can't even see a truck (or tank for that matter) very clearly at 2000+ meters, and you certainly can't hit it effectively. I think your ranges are fine; the BORS is an accessory. With that thing on, I'd reduce all ranges to 2000 meters by one (or two) increments. It's specifically designed to 'increase a first shot hit' at combat ranges.

Anime Kidd said:
The "1-shot per 2 rounds" Rate of Fire could be a Strength check? After each shot, you check to see if you can handle the recoil or lose a round to recover. If successful, you can make a new attack the next round and there would be a oenalty for non-being proficient in the weapon [already in place], the firing position, and if the weapon is braced or not [using a bipod, etc].
That sounds appropriate. Hefty penalties for not being in the right firing position. Maybe even damage. Oh! Another thing you might consider, and they don't mention this for the .50 in d20 Modern though it's a problem in the real world: Sonic Damage. If you're anywhere within a certain range in the front firing arc, you're taking some serious sonic damage (note they mentioned a sound dampener in the article). Anyway. Meant to mention that yesterday.

Last edited:

Remove ads