• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 2D Maps Needed for Ravenloft for Roll20

bumyong

Villager
So I purchased all of the maps from the amazing Mike Schley before I received my copy of CoS since I run my maps on Roll20. Well, now that I received my book, I can't believe there is no 2D map available for Castle Ravenloft! Yes, the isometric map on the poster is beautiful but useless for actual gameplay for VTT's. I emailed Mike whether or WOTC was planning on providing said map and he replied that he wasn't sure since he didn't do the isometric one. Since they haven't contracted him to make one, my guess is that a 2D map is up to a fan to make. So here are a couple questions:1. Is anyone working on a home-made map that will be available for general use?2. I'm willing to make one but would like to know what program is the easiest to use--Maptools, Dundjinni, etc. 3. After making said map, are there any copyright issues for making it publicly available for free? Thanks in advance.

bgbarcus

Explorer
The lack of 2d images, or even a 3d image file for the castle was a big disappointment to me too. Seems like a huge flaw in an otherwise very good product.

G

Guest 6801328

Yeah, the isometric maps are beautiful, but not as useful as 2D. Big mistake not cranking out both versions.

Kalisto

First Post
The good folks at Fantasy Grounds have just created 2D Battlemaps for Ravenloft Castle, they are free and would work fine in Fantasy Grounds, Roll20 or the VTT tabletop of your choice. This is my first post on ENWorld (long time lurker) so I can't yet post a link but look for the following on the FG Forums.

Castle-Ravenloft-Battlemaps&p=263181#post263181

By the way if you haven't tried Fantasy Grounds give it a shot, great tool for D&D (multiple versions) and a host of other RPGs!

Remove ads