• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2nd Free Preview World Builder

Troll Lord

First Post
Hey for those of you who may have missed we have the second preview of the World Builder up at the webpage.

This book exceeded all our expectations and, if I may say so myself, is a marked improvement for us.

Come by and check it out.

Steve
:cool:

456c8030.jpg

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
link? what will it do? what's the pros of the book? Why should I buy it? does it build only worlds? What about cities? castles? price lists for building them? Costs on kingdom upkeeps?

can i build a random generator using this info and do all the above things...

the last is a guess question but it sure would make life easier..

Last edited:

Troll Lord

First Post
Questions, questions, questions!!!

Leopold,

In short the World Builder is a book filled with a host of useful facts, lists and charts which facilitate any world building you may do. There is a little bit of everything in the book. There are some random generators, body features, structures, container contents and a few more.

But as for building your world, cities, castles and so forth. Yes. Part one is a study of equipment with complete illustrations for all manner of arms and armor, shields and helms. As well as general equipment, foodstuffs, vehicles and more. Part two is a study of terrain with all types being discussed, bodies of water, atmosphere with some weather and wind charts. Also it discusses in detail trees, herbs and flowers as well as touching on all manner of plants from grasses to shrubs. Animals are lightly treated as they are fully covered in other books (the MM for one). Part three studies dwellings, manner of construction, materials used with a complete explained list of types of buildings. Construction costs are covered in detail. Room types are treated too. Also in part three types of govenments, officials for the govenment, royalty and priestly officials are covered.

It does not give you population figures of such and such type of building (this is covered in the next volume in the series, due out in March, tentatively titled Everyday Life).

If you buy the WB you will be able to build a world and cities within. It supplies a wealth of material for any writing you do and if you study increases the flavor of your game tremendously. "He charges from beneath the trees, wearing chainmail and carrying a morning star" or "In a hauberk of steel, with spiked godentag in hand he charges from the towering Larch trees."

It really is a useful book for any RPG or writing you play or do.

Steve

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
ok as long as it has appropriate costs for building a dwarven citadel from the ground up and so forth consider a copy sold..

Leopold said:
ok as long as it has appropriate costs for building a dwarven citadel from the ground up and so forth consider a copy sold..

um.. wouldn't that be the ground down.. ? :)

sounds good guys, i'll definitely look at it!

joe b.

Troll Lord

First Post
Print Release/and other

The book is at the printer right now. Shipping dates for the holidays are coming on fast, but I am told that the book will ship out around the 17th to retail stores. Just in time for christmas. Of course we definately will have it here.

On another note. Concerning costs in the World Builder. It doesn't have a cost list of every type of item you can build with. What it does have is a detailed essay discussing what it would cost to build a castle. Now Gary uses a different monetary system than d20 for this material for very specific reasons. I won't go into them here as this isn't the forum, but I have posted an essay that is in the book over on our message boards under World builder. If your interested check it out at: http://pub83.ezboard.com/ftrolllordgamesfrm75

In the essay we discuss this problem, why and how to convert to d20 with relative ease.

(we also have a lot of other blather going on you might like to join in on)

Steve

Remove ads