• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.0rd Edition Power Game

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Oldums hand shoots up and he flails his hand wildly like a school boy that knows the answer to the hardest question in the world.

"I know orcish" he whispers, but the others can tell he is haveing a hard time keeping himself from yelling out.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Aramil whispers to Kaliska to heel, and pulls an arrow out of his quiver, holding bow & arrow in one hand, and torch in the other. He looks at the others and nods. While moving up, he'll set down the torch at the place where the orcs first become visible in the torchlight, then nock the arrow to his bow and ready his attack.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: I Just need a plan of action. Use the map to place yourselves when you wake the orcs so that I know who is where. I'm assuming that Oldum will do the waking while the others are ready to threaten them. If there is a different plan, let me know.

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Oldum sneaks back to the orcs, with dagger in hand. Positioning himself where the others can attack if needed, Oldum puts the point of his dagger to the male orcs throat. When the others are ready he speaks as quietly as he can in orc, he says “Wake up!” and gently shakes the orcs head with his free hand.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mithreander said:
OOC: Hiding in shadows is a little more difficult then it used to be... you have to have shadows to hide in. If in this instance you wanted to hide, then you would have to travel quite a bit ahead of the group and stay in the shadowed sections listed on the map, but not far enough so that you yourself can not see. Beware creatures with darkvision, for you will need concealment to hide from them (oh, and consealment also works for those with normal sight).

Seeing the shadows retreat from the torch that the elf holds, Oldum moves up to the shadows ahead, knowing that he's safer there then in the direct light. From his new vantage point, he can see around yet another corner. There, beyond is a room with straw spewn on the floor, and in the corner of that room there is a couple of humanoids of somesort sleeping together.

What Oldum, Bjorn and Allen sees (though at the moment only Oldum can see the straw or the sleeping humanoids):

| |W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|1|b|s|s|o|s|s|s|
|W|"|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|
|W|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s
|W|W|s|s| | | |s|W|
| | |W|W|W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | | |W|
| | | | |W|r|a|W|
| | | | |W|k| | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?|s| | | |W|
| |?|s|s| | |W|
| |?|s|s|s|W|
|?|s|s|s|W|
|?|W|W|W|

s = Shadowy area.
1 = A couple of humanoids sleeping together.
" = Straw
o = Oldum (Hidden from everyone except for Kaliska and Aramil)

Bjorn moves to the indicated square with his greatsword readied. He awaits the interragation of the orcs.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Code:
[/font]
[font=Courier New]| |W|W|W|W|W|W| 
|W|1|b|s|s|o|s|s|s| 
|W|"|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|
|W|"|s|s|s|s|s|s|s|s 
|W|W|s|s| | | |s|W|
| | |W|W|W|r|k|W|
| | | | |W| | |W|
| | | | |W| | | |W|
| | | | |W| |a|W| 
| | | | |W| | | |W|
| | | |?|W| | | |W|
| | |?|s| | | |W|
| |?|s|s| | |W|
| |?|s|s|s|W|
|?|s|s|s|W|
|?|W|W|W|[/font]

Aramil moves to the space above, sets down the torch, and nocks his arrow. He whispers to Kaliska to stay calm, and holds his bow ready.

Mithreander

Explorer
Oldum moves to the orcs with unnatural silence, and shakes one, ready for it to jump awake, and is surprised as it stretches, with little comprehension in it's eyes.

"Is it time for waking?" it asks in orcish, as it looks around. On seeing Oldum, and the companions, it just chuckles, with a relaxed slumping of it's shoulders. "Well, now. Who do we have here?" It turns to the closest companion (Oldum) and asks him "Do you speak orcish?" The smile on it's mishappened face looks friendly and relaxed as it continues to ask "And do you mind if I wake my wife? She'll kill me if she misses a chance to entertain."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mithreander said:
Oldum moves to the orcs with unnatural silence, and shakes one, ready for it to jump awake, and is surprised as it stretches, with little comprehension in it's eyes.

"Is it time for waking?" it asks in orcish, as it looks around. On seeing Oldum, and the companions, it just chuckles, with a relaxed slumping of it's shoulders. "Well, now. Who do we have here?" It turns to the closest companion (Oldum) and asks him "Do you speak orcish?" The smile on it's mishappened face looks friendly and relaxed as it continues to ask "And do you mind if I wake my wife? She'll kill me if she misses a chance to entertain."

On hearing the orc talk, Bjorm asks "what did he say?"

Remove ads