• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(3/4) Traveller T20 - The Soldiers Sons. Game started, but still recruiting

DrZombie

First Post
If your char wants to make career he'll go straight to the academy, trying to graduate as young as possible and go to the most dangerous areas, political or physical, in order ot ptove himself and make promotion. If he wants to be somewhere specific, like engeneering, he'll go to university. If you're a major in Xenosociology chances are higher of getting a post in the diplomatic branch, and so on. But in general, if you're a brilliant engeneer, you'll make it as high as head of military research, but not higher, while if you're a career navy you can get as high as admiral, in theory.
It's up to you really

Wilphe

Adventurer
He'll do University because he's first son and therefore not looking to make a career of it

Can I go ahead and resolve?

Brother Allard

First Post
I've updated the sheet above with the finished homeworld skills and feats. Basically, Gather Info x3, and V/Wheeled with the attendant Driving +1.

DrZombie

First Post
Wilphe said:
He'll do University because he's first son and therefore not looking to make a career of it

Can I go ahead and resolve?

Yeah, sure. go ahead.
We'll do a 'quick' first chapter and then advance 20 years, five 'tour of duties'. You have five rerolls on all the dice rolls you need to make for your career. You can use 'em on your uni career as well. USe invisible castle, and start rolling :D

Wilphe

Adventurer
DrZombie said:
Don't roll for OTC. We start at OTC. What did the uni results show, what did you get your degree in?

Updated attachment in post 48.

Accepted to Gasper University to Study Agriculture and History, Graduates with Honours.
Goes on to do Masters in Military History, but just scrapes onto the Honour Roll.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads