• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(3/4) Traveller T20 - The Soldiers Sons. Game started, but still recruiting

doghead

thotd
Hey DrZ,

Nice concept. I'm tempted to sign up only I don't really have a good character concept (at least, one up to the calibre of those so far) and the T20 CGen system does my head in. I can feel a headache (lesser) coming on just from reading the thread :)

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
Hey DrZ

Yeah ... nahh. I can't. I don't have the rules, even the Lite ones. And being on dial-up, it would take a week to download them. And anyways, I don't think Merchant was on the classes available.

I would love to. I like the concept of the game. And I love playing soldiers. Even if you won't let me be an Aslan Marine.

I will lurk but.

doghead
thotd

Shayuri

First Post
DrZombie said:
I'm not really playing the vanilla traveller setting. It's a bit more of an old victorian england sci-fi mix. There are strong women who rule their fief, but they are rare. While there are women in the navy, they are commoners. the ruling class is still very chauvinistic. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear from my previous posts. That's the trouble with trying to describe a setting that's very clear in m head but rather hard to explain.
It could be possible, but that would mean that your characters mother is a rare exception, probably a NCO that got promoted to officers rank, wich would make her quite (in)famous. it would reflect on your character, people, especially old nobility, would talk behind your back, and some even in your face. You could build a nice background around that, but I'd like you to know beforehand what you're in for. Your choice.

-

Meep, somehow I totally lost track of this thread. :) Sorry about that! been a very busy few months for me...

I'm interested by the whole chauvanism thing...is being a female character plausible, or is that stretching things too far? Perhaps a system from one of those renegade noble females that decided to rule her system as a matriarchy...horror! :)

DrZombie

First Post
lol

one more player should help give this game the kick in the pants it needs

a female character would be unusual and would face a lot of opposition... But it could be fun.

Shayuri

First Post
I like the idea of unusual and facing opposition...but I don't want it to be gratuitous or to be SUCH a big deal that it threatens to derail the game's focus or anything. Nor for it to be so implausible than an absurd set of circumstances is required for it to take place.

Within those limits, if it's possible, I'd love to work out a basis for it, then run with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads