• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] Aasimar and Daylight ?

Cybern

First Post
When comparing 3.5 Tiefling and Aasimar, I got stuck on the dayly daylight spell of Aasimar. Is it normal? I mean, they get better stats than Tiefling, and now they get a better spell-like ability.

In Races of Faerun there were feats that converted the light to 3 daylight/day (IIRC), but now, a couple of months after, they're worthless if you play 3.5.

But Daylight is a bit powerfull compared to darkness, no?

:confused:

Last edited:

LuYangShih

First Post
The reason Tieflings have the penalty to Charisma is because Dexterity and Intelligence are better statistics (overall) than Wisdom and Charisma. I do not think the Charisma penalty fits for Tieflings, (most fiends have high Charisma) so I removed it. It does make them more powerful than Aasimar, but only slightly.

Cybern

First Post
LuYangShih said:
The reason Tieflings have the penalty to Charisma is because Dexterity and Intelligence are better statistics (overall) than Wisdom and Charisma. I do not think the Charisma penalty fits for Tieflings, (most fiends have high Charisma) so I removed it. It does make them more powerful than Aasimar, but only slightly.

I tend to disagree, as I compared Daylight and Darkness... Darkness just got nerfed in 3.5, while Daylight looks the same. I also don't like the Cha is less important rule.

I just don't get it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads