• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A few things I really like about WFRP

TheSword

Legend
I'm personally a bit ambivalent about the amount of content published for WFRP 4e, but I do like that they published a lot of smaller adventures. So if you don't want to take on the massive Enemy Within campaign, there's still a good amount of support for GMs running the game.
Yeah the Ubersreik Adventures series of books is great. I love the fact that they build on the same location and jump off the Starter Set so you have 12 adventures there all that are designed to be ran after the starter set… or repurposed for whatever part of the Empire you want to use.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I agree with @TheSword - the amount of books published for 4E is amazing. And its not done yet.
I also agree. But...I do wish GW / Cubicle has something similar to DMs Guild where gives fans ability to use Old World IP so long as they publish on a platform where GW gets a small cut. There are some great fan creations, but the profit motive + uber fans + heartbreaker projects can lead to some truly phenomenal material and fill gaps that GW/Cubicle will never fill. For example, they've never release a full setting guide for Cathay and have recently stated that they don't have plans for this. There is a pretty good unofficial source splat for Cathay made by a fan a long time ago based on 1st edition. I use it for some inspiration, but it conflicts with what little additional lore has been trickled out about Cathay--lore which I really like and wish were more fleshed out.

MNblockhead

I'm personally a bit ambivalent about the amount of content published for WFRP 4e, but I do like that they published a lot of smaller adventures. So if you don't want to take on the massive Enemy Within campaign, there's still a good amount of support for GMs running the game.
Yeah, it is too much of a good thing. ;-)

I've had to reprep my next session so we can get finally start the Enemy Within campaign. Trying to mix in Rough Nights & Hard Days, adventures from the Ubereik Adventure books, plus the various one-shots and I found myself trying to smash 3 campaigns worth of content into one.

MNblockhead

Yeah the Ubersreik Adventures series of books is great. I love the fact that they build on the same location and jump off the Starter Set so you have 12 adventures there all that are designed to be ran after the starter set… or repurposed for whatever part of the Empire you want to use.
Further in all of the setting material they have these adventure/quest suggestions where you can drop in the NPCs, monsters, and have several hours of play. I'm also really starting how to appreciate how a lot of the snippits reuse NPCs you encounter in main adventures. Like there will be some side character that they have stated up that plays a really minor role, where you likely will not even need their stats, but there will be multiple adventure/encounter call-outs that involve that character.

New material builds on older material nicely, increasing the value of the stuff you already have.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads