3.5 Adventure Path Hardback: Sunless Citadel, Forge of Fury, etc.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
With paizo taking Cauldron adventure path modules, combining them and releasing the whole thing as a hardback, it got me thinking. The Sunless Citadel is the first in a series of modules taking characters from 1st level to the mid teen levels. I don't own these modules, and was wanting to eventually acquire them, 3.5 'em then run the whole thing. So, if paizo or WotC combined these series of mudules, 3.5ed 'em, then published it in hardback, would I be the only one buying it? I think it would be totally awesome if this path of modules got slapped together as one then published. Thoughts?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Even though I didn't care for most of this Adventure Path, I'd buy such a hardback.

Especially if they updated them all to 3.5, and provided proper (JohnCooperian) editing.

SWBaxter

First Post
Frukathka said:
The Sunless Citadel is the first in a series of modules taking characters from 1st level to the mid teen levels.

The whole series actually takes 'em to 20th or so.

I'd probably buy such a hardback if it was updated for 3.5, although there's a few dangling plotlines that I'd like to see removed, and at least one whole module that could stand to be replaced (the underground one, Deep Horizon or something like that). But I dunno if WOTC are especially interested in doing anything with adventures. Maybe if they contracted it out.

kenobi65

First Post
SWBaxter said:
But I dunno if WOTC are especially interested in doing anything with adventures.

They seem to have changed their mind on this topic; there are several adventures on WotC's release schedule for the remainder of this year. (IIRC, they had originally hoped that the third-party publishers would fill this gap, but the third-party market has moved elsewhere.)

GlassJaw

Hero
Even though I didn't care for most of this Adventure Path, I'd buy such a hardback.

Especially if they updated them all to 3.5, and provided proper (JohnCooperian) editing.

Yeah, I like the Dungeon AP a lot better. The Dungeon AP hardcover is supposedly getting the treatment - full revision to 3.5, notes on running it in FR and Eberron, another complete adventure, and a bunch of extras (maps, more NPC info, etc).

ragboy

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
They seem to have changed their mind on this topic; there are several adventures on WotC's release schedule for the remainder of this year. (IIRC, they had originally hoped that the third-party publishers would fill this gap, but the third-party market has moved elsewhere.)

You know, I just looked through their release schedule and didn't see any adventures (other than the DMG II which has some pre-baked encounters and the Grasp of the Emerald Claw). Where are these adventures of which you speak?

Crothian

First Post
If they did this, I'd hope that they would tie the modules together a lot better and provide a much more detailed backstory

kenobi65

First Post
ragboy said:
You know, I just looked through their release schedule and didn't see any adventures (other than the DMG II which has some pre-baked encounters and the Grasp of the Emerald Claw). Where are these adventures of which you speak?

Can't find it at the moment; I read in another thread here that there were two or three coming out this year. That's what I get for trusting strange information on EN World. ;)

Remove ads