• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] An experiment to nerf the full casters

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Why spend money when the enemy will do the work for you?

Indeed, if crit fumbles can kill, I'd want to be casting Unluck, Haste, and Ray of Enfeeblement (so they do less damage on the actual hits before the nat 1 comes up; auto death with str 6 is the same as auto death at str 14) on enemies.

Maybe give myself a miss chance, mirror images, or similar. And then just let them have at it.

Jeffrie

First Post
I like simple solutions. If somethings broken i just use some 'x per x' type of formula to nerf it; perhaps x minutes per level,l or x damage per ability bonus.

For critical fumbles i simply deny dexterity bonuses for the next round. It is a simple house rule that sorta makes since and keeps the fun part of rolling 1s.

For nerfing casters i would say one of the easiest ways i heard on this thread might be to double ALL casting/construction time/cost, etc. Enforce v,s,m and weight allowance strictly. Those sorts of things would nerf a fair amount of the broken.

How 'bout. . . Limit every classes max spells daily by 1 or two? leave the same progression but less total spells per day at higher levels only nerfs the high level game.

Remove ads