• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 at Walmart?

Acmite

First Post
My girlfriend is in Florida right now and was looking to pick up the 3.5 books for me, but she can't seem to find them at Walmart.

What section are they in? How much are they?

The staff is, as usual, clueless.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Well, you lucky guy (a SO that will actually support your hobby)! Unfortunately, the actual walmart stores don't carry the books. At least, I've never heard of one that did. Some people, myself included, have ordered them from their internet store, Walmart.com.

Their shipping is a bit unpredictable, but the price was right. I'm not sure if they still have many left over after the deluge of orders they probably got. You may want to call the internet customer service line and find out.

TalonComics

First Post
Walt-Mart is not carrying it in their stores more than likely because they don't want to be targeted by religious wackos. Nevermind the fact it is much harder to kill someone with a book but buying a gun at WM is no problem. ;)
From what I have heard Wal-Mart.com has sold out their initial order.

I have it available still though! :D

~D

dsfriii

First Post
If you can not find it from Wal-mart, try Amazon. Discount not quite as good, but they do not charge sales tax, unless you are in the same state and they give you free shipping.

Acmite

First Post
Hmmm...thanks for the info, folks.

Sorry, Derek. I was going to try the Walmart route since it seemed easy enough for my girlfriend to pick it up. Since I'd have to get it shipped from you to Canada, it's much cheaper to pick it up here in town instead.

So, it looks like I'll be supporting my local game store instead, which is never a bad thing, IMO.

dsfriii

First Post
I also hear some LGS in Florida have the books also. Why don't you have her look into any. I am sure those folks from the Sunshine state can give you directions...

dsfriii

First Post
Oh I also agree it is good to support your local store. 95% of my purchase go to my FLGS. But it is nice to get a break once in awhile.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads