3.5 breakdown at high levels?

Anthraxus

Explorer
Originally Posted by Majoru Oakheart
Plus, my players can spot fudging a mile away and I've been yelled at for it the couple of times I've tried it. Once I came up with an AC on the fly for an NPC I fudged and when one of the players couldn't hit it with a high number he kept wondering very loudly about how the NPC could have an AC that high. The rest of the players agreed. Until, in order to make them get back to the game, I decided to recite out the math I had worked out in my head. Turns out I was 1 or 2 points too high. Not a HUGE deal, but it would have caused 2 attacks that missed to hit instead. But they insisted on rolling damage and adding it to the NPC immediately since I was cheating.

:eek: Wow, again. The DM *should* be able to change a few things on the fly, IMO- and not get "called out".

:eek: Wow, again. The DM *should* be able to change a few things on the fly, IMO- and not get "called out".

Well, I must admit, my group is closer to the "call-out" part, too. Maybe it's just because every member of the party is also a DM, or because we are all rules lawyers to some extent.

Of course, we still fudge occasionally. ;) But we prefer avoiding it, and I always see it as a "bad thing to do" when I DM.

Remove ads