• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 is Anime! Wait, what?

Duckforceone

First Post
i see two things that screams anime in the picture..

the ridiculous oversized sword, and the ridiculous oversized armor parts.

god i am glad that this is not for dnd.... and i would never play a game that illustrated like this... dont' think i could take it serious.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Duckforceone said:
god i am glad that this is not for dnd.... and i would never play a game that illustrated like this... dont' think i could take it serious.
Uh huh. Keep in mind that we're talking about a game whose first rulebooks contained illustrations of fighters wearing mickey-mouse ears.

My D&D is over the top kick-ass action where style takes precedence over veriboringittude. Thankfully, 4e has chosen an artist who agrees.

DogBackward

First Post
Okay, aside from the fact that WAR's art kicks ass, are you people seriously saying that you would refuse to play a game for no other reason than the fact that you don't like the art? Honestly?

I mean, if it were a video- or other graphics-based game, I could maybe understand, but you'd really not play a tabletop game, a game that doesn't rely on raphics or art for actual gameplay at all, just because you don't like the art?

Duckforceone

First Post
Well everytime i would look at the rules, or frontpage, i would be reminded that this looks so much like an anime adventure. It would remove me from the feeling that i'm playing a proper fantasy mideaval theme... and making me look for the page where they list their gunblades and power armors...

so yes, if a game had that kind of drawings, i would not ever buy it or even play it, unless it was simply so kickass, as to make all other games seem obsolete.

Remove ads