• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 is now out in Florida

Lalato

Adventurer
Yep... Sci-Fi City is good for gaming... so-so for comics, but we're talking about gaming in this forum. :)

As an aside... I picked up the PHB there yesterday. They were literally overflowing with books. They were everywhere. :D

Now I have to pick up the DMG at the other local outlet, Coliseum of Comics. I like to spread the love around... and Coliseum has always done right by me. ;)

--sam

TalonComics

First Post
herald said:
Any word from the Distributer Talon?

I have passed on the information and proof regarding Wal-Mart breaking street date to my distributor and they're sending it up to WotC. Maybe if were lucky WotC will punish Wal-Mart by not allowing them to purchase further copies from them.
I'm going to try to contact someone directly at WotC to see what else I can do on this end.

Apparently, WotC is blaming the Florida stuff on Gameboard Distributors:

ICv2 has learned that Gameboard Distributors has broken the street date of
July 18, and is selling D&D 3.5 hardcovers now:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/3059.html

~D

dsfriii

First Post
I have passed on the information and proof regarding Wal-Mart breaking street date to my distributor and they're sending it up to WotC. Maybe if were lucky WotC will punish Wal-Mart by not allowing them to purchase further copies from them.

Oh lets punish Walmart for breaking the street date. I wonder is Wal-mart Hasbro's largest or second largest???

It sounds like sour grapes to me.....

TalonComics

First Post
I just got off the phone with WotC and the street date issue is being discussed right now. The main concern is how much damage control can be done and what is the best way to go about it.

Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

~D

TalonComics

First Post
dsfriii said:

Oh lets punish Walmart for breaking the street date. I wonder is Wal-mart Hasbro's largest or second largest???

It sounds like sour grapes to me.....

So are you saying that Wal-Mart should be allowed to do whatever they want to when it comes to any product and street dates because they sell a ton of stuff?

I'd just like to point out that this isn't a game or a contest and for many small store owners it has easily killed a ton of their business.

Look at many of the posts regarding people cancelling their orders with Amazon because Wal-Mart is shipping early. Wal-Mart's actions effect everyone who has a stake in selling these books and the reaction by consumers is the very reason street dates are even put in place.

Heck, I want the books ASAP as well but in a fair manner that allows everyone to compete equally.

~D

stefam

First Post
I ordered my books from Walmart in May. I received an e-mail stating that they would not ship until next week. After reading posts here, people seem to think as if Walmart has started shipping. Checking my order status, it says "processing" as it has for a month. Is Walmart selling it in store and just not shipping it's mail-order stuff, or is someone confused? (Probably me! :confused: )

herald

First Post
Some people have reported recieving thier books from Walmart.com already. You may want to check someof the other posts about this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads