• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Liches

BarkTree

First Post
Hmm is anyone with both 3.0 and 3.5 MMs handy able to tell me if there are any major differences between the two or even if some of the powers from Monsters of Faerun were folded into the core.

Finally, but most importantly to me, what is the CR, LA (if any) and ECL (if any) of the lich? Thanks in advance.

Zerth

First Post
CR is base creature +2, LA is +4. Otherwise looks like pretty much the same old lich, although I'm not absolutely certain.

BarkTree

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
What powers are available to the lich form Monsters of Faeurn?

Coldfire(su): magical projecticles that do 3d10 negative energy damage. Full atk: 2 balls, standard action: 1 ball. 15 ft range.

Despair(su): regular lich touch + emotion (despair).

Doom Gaze(su): slay with a glance, 30 ft range. Fort save to negate.

Dream Haunting(su): as name implies. Will save or suffer 1 permanent con drain.

Grasp of Death(su): 1/day, touch attack. Fort save to avoid death.

Grasp of Enfeeblement(su): touch attack. Fort save to avoid 2d4 temporary str dmg.

Painwrack gaze(su): Fort save to avoid 2d10 dmg.

Voice of Maleficence(Sp): Speak for 10 mins with victim. Will save to avoid falling into trance answering all questions truthfully. New save every hour but DC raises by 1 for every consecutive hour of talk.

Spell Resistance 12 + HD

Damage Resistance 20/+2

But that book came without any guidelines on how to implement these powers (replacing the old ones?) or how much each power increases the Lich's CR. I think Skip Williams briefly touched upon this on Sage Advice.

There are also Good Liches which have turn undead, etc.

Zerth:

Thanks for the info.

Ezrael

First Post
Just looking at the book now, I'd say Zerth is right. I haven't seen any of the abilities you mention listed. The new picture's pretty spiffy, though.

Liquid Snake

First Post
Lich Pic

I think I like the tattooed Lich from Monster of Faerûn better, the new one is too "fleshy" for my taste. I've always pictures Liches as been mostly skeletal with only a little dry skin covering their bones.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads