• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Maptool game Sunday evenings (est)

cmrscorpio

Explorer
I'm looking to find out if enough people would be interested in a Sunday evening game. I would like to use Dawn of Worlds to create the setting. The first session or two would consist of setting and character creation.

Character creation would be option 7 (Random Average Characters) on DMG page 170. PC races would depend entirely upon the results of setting creation. Available classes and prestige classes will be pretty much anything published by WotC. Characters will start at 1st level, having grown up together in a small rural village.

House rules - besides the ones I've already mentioned, my goal is to run a game without any house rules. This means that some spells require material components, xp must be spent to create magical items, and a whole plethora of other little things that we've all house-ruled so often that it seems like it isn't a house rule. I know that there are rules in my mind that are in fact house rules, so I would hope my players will point those out to me. The same goes for using old rules that were changed in an errata.

What I want out of the game: It has probably been a decade since I've played 3.5 as it is "intended" to be run. I recently reread the AD&D 2e rules and the 3.x rules, and I got a swell of nostalgia for the way I used to play. For me, it has been a little too long since 2e for me to go back and DM it as written, but I want to give a solid try to 3.5. Also, I've never had the opportunity to use the Dawn of Worlds game, and thought it might be a nice way to add a distinctive flair to my quasi-"old school" game.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Sounds very interesting. I would think world creation would use more than 2 sessions, but i never used this world creating variant either.

I have never used Maptool though.

"Sunday evenings" would mean what time exactly?

cmrscorpio

Explorer
I'm GMT -5, and I'm looking to start the game anywhere between 5 and 8 pm local time. Right now I don't have a full group signed on for the game. Once I have enough players interested, we will work out a exact starting time that would be best for us all.

While I have never actually played through the Dawn of Worlds game for world creation, I have listened to actual plays of it. I am relatively confident we could get through it in two sessions and still have enough time at the end of the second to discuss character concepts.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads