3.5 PHB Impressions

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Any one else noticed how the revamped classes look a lot like 20 level prestige classes? In as much as now they gain a new "special" ability virtually every level . . .

frankthedm

First Post
Erekose said:
Any one else noticed how the revamped classes look a lot like 20 level prestige classes? In as much as now they gain a new "special" ability virtually every level . . .

One thing wotc tried to do was make sure there was a 'reason' to take most levels and reduce the cherry pickers that would take the few early levels and jump ship to the next class after milking the class of the best stuff.

Maybe they took it too far but it seem like an ok idea to try to make sure most levels feel like an accomplishment. It also will help reduce the number of sorcerers who 'feel the call' of the paladin for the save bonusand other cheesy multi class choices

d4

First Post
Erekose said:
i think it's a great improvement. there's quite a few 3.0 classes with "gaps" across several levels where one gains nothing new except skills, hit points, and (possibly) BAB and saves.

now a lot more classes can get a new or improved class ability at nearly every level.

seems cool to me.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Erekose said:

Personally, I thought that was one of the better innovations in d20 Modern, and I'm glad to see it (at least partially) implemented in D&D.

Remove ads