D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Pimp my Rogue/Cleric Gish Build

Hey Guys.

I have a player interested in this combination, and actually have no good idea how to help them, as I'm only tangentially aware of this possibility. I had a look in my Complete " " books, and found the Shadowbane Stalker and Inquisitor... Are they the best options?

I'm not sure of the player wants to go with more of a rogue who can use divine magic or a divine magic user who can use rogue abilities. I understand that melee rogues usually focus on dual wielding to take advantage of their sneak attack??

Any generaly suggestions for prestige classes/feats would be great, I don't need a whole level 20 build or anything.

*Note For those who wish to know: The Game is starting at lvl 5, "ultra elite" array of 18,17,16,15,12,10, feats are doubled so: 2 at lvl 1, 1 at lvl 2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12,14,15,17,18 and 20. Race is a human.
progress.gif

Shin Okada

Explorer
Shadowbane Inquisitor is not really a Rogue/Cleric prestige class. The prestige class does not improve your spell-casting ability at all. This prestige class makes a kind of holy assassin, basically a holy warrior (Paladin), with some stealthy abilities and sneak attack dice.

Shadowbane Stalker is a real Rogue/Cleric class and works very well. But in my experience, the class is more like a spell caster with sneaking/dungeon delving ability. Due to the needs of multiple ability scores (at least Dex and Wis, then Int for skill points and dealing with traps), Shadowbane Stalker's melee attack bonus tend to be too low. On the other hand, his spell-casting ability is kept at least above descent level. And cleric spells helps the work of rogues much. If the character is a human, the combination of Able Learner feat and Divine Insight spell is great.

I played a human Shadobane Stalker for an entire campaign. He was a party's ultimate problem solver. And more than descent spell-caster, too. But he was never be a descent melee rogue. To have enough attack bonus, he had to cast some buff spells such as Divine Favor or Divine Power. Usually, it was a waste of precious first turn of the combat. Casting combat spells such as Flame Strike was often a much better option, as his caster level was boosted up thanks to Practiced Spellcaster feat.

He had Magic Domain. So when needed, he used a wand of Sor/Wis touch spell such as Shocking Grasp to make a melee sneak attack.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Divine Trickster. It's by a guy who's contributed to WotC product, so it's, y'know, 'almost official' (!) If the DM's a stickler for 'official' stuff and all that, you could try that line, anyway. :D

One of the best out there. Without being totally b0rken, that is.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Skullclan Hunter (Miniatures Handbook) can be another option. It will not improve your spell-casting ability. But Rogue/Cleric is the easiest way to qualify for this class. Then, a Skullclan Hunter can sneak attack undead creatures, and gain many anti-undead abilities.

Remove ads