D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 revisions I'm not going to use!

Destil

Explorer
I wasn't too happy with the Power Attack change at first (and was also considering making it 1.5x for two-handed and .5x for light), but reading Andy Collins' reasoning for the change on his board made me at least willing to give it a try.

Spell Focus: +1 to Save DCs, Caster Level & Opposed Rolls (like dispel checks, the opposed Cha rolls for charm & the opposed roll in a banismment) with spells from the related school. Makes it more universily usefull. No greater spell focus.

Pollymorph: Will have a 10 minuit / level duration, but I'll most likely end up toning down the combat applicability. I've always liked it as a creatve player's utility spell, rather than a simple combat buff. When cast on yourself it'll allow 1 change / caster level for the duration.

Animal Buffs: +2 at 5th-6th caster level, +4 at 7th-10th & +6 at 11th+. 10 minuets per level.

No weapon familirity.

Dwarves will get a penelity to swim equal to whatever their stability bonus ends up being.

No multiclassing restrictions on Monks & Palidins (holdover form my 3E changes).

Disentegrate kills any living creature that fails their save. Against very large undead and constructs (thoes greater than a 10 foot space) it instead only destroys a 10'x10' cube, dealing damage as listed in 3eR.

Quicken: Instead of the rather weak mass haste I intend to use 3E haste, renamed quicken, with a duration of 1d4+1 rounds and a +4 bonus to everything haste provides a bonus to. Most likely will have a small XP cost, as well (100 XP or so).

Sorcerers can use quicken spell.

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
It seems as if everyone and their brother is going to go out, pluck down $90 for a set of 3.5 books, and then proceed to play 3.0 with them. That's useless. If you don't want improved PA, shortened haste, racial weapon prof's, etc., etc.... you shouldn't bother bringing the 3.5E books to the table. It will only serve to confuse players into the mistaken belief that you are, in fact, trying out WotC's new rules, when you aren't.

That said, I think I've heard about 3 people who haven't made pronouncements on the rules before seeing them in action, and are willing to give them a fair shake.

Well, 4 now.

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
not us!

Hah! ... my brother and I can't afford the books right now, so we're not changing anything.

plus we're both to busy to actually settle down and get a game together much less a campaign.

um, right ... this post has nothing to do your's Halivar :)

seasong

First Post
DonAdam said:
Actually, it is the old spell. It's the 1E/2E version slightly modified.

3e created the beast now known as haste, so 3.5 is actually going with tradition by putting it back.
I did not mean to give you the impression that I was ignorant of this. I just consider it immaterial. I like both spells - but neither one is a "revisement" of the other, they are wholly different spells.

Halivar

First Post
Wolf72, I'm in the same boat as you. Thankfully, I happen to be roommates with half of my gaming group. I'm hoping they buy the books so I can snoop theirs.

Seasong (who looks remarkably like me, if I decided to grow what hair I have out and not shave for a week) is absolutely right about haste, and I (oh gosh, you're going to love this) hasten to add that there may be more occurances of "upgrades" that will do just fine coexisting with their predecessors.

Remove ads