• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Spells (New & Changes)

Nope, fey're different critters. As are monstrous humanoids (aaracokra, and the like). Humanoid has a very specific meaning, with a specific list of creatures that qualify (see the MM).

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well then I see no use for the spell, other than disguise. Which can be accomplished by change self. As for as I know no humanoids have any abilities that the spell would grant, with the possible exeption of low-light or darkvision.

Jalkain

First Post
I notice from Olgar's thread that Power Word Stun and Power Word Blind have had their levels swapped. Stun has gone from 7th to 8th, and Blind has gone the other way.

Out of interest, where were the new school lists for Divination, Enchantment and Necromancy first discovered?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Or is it the intent to replace change self with alter self, and basically make change self useless at 1 min/lvl? Sounds like Andy really doesn't like shape-shifters. Or as far as that goes non-blaster mages. I really wonder what a low level mage is supposed to do now. Sounds like he needs to be casting 4-5th level spells before he count on accomplishing something.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well now we know why Mystic Theurge is balanced now. He gets lots of low level spells which are practically useless. Of course he can spend all day casting spells just to say he is doing so, by the time he has cast all his 1 min level spells to join the battle the fighters will have probably killed the enemy.

Jalkain

First Post
rangerjohn said:
Or is it the intent to replace change self with alter self, and basically make change self useless at 1 min/lvl? Sounds like Andy really doesn't like shape-shifters. Or as far as that goes non-blaster mages. I really wonder what a low level mage is supposed to do now. Sounds like he needs to be casting 4-5th level spells before he count on accomplishing something.

Yes, you're right, Andy really hates shape-shifters. And he made sure that all the people working on 3.5e hate them too. And he wants all wizards to learn nothing but Fireball spells. After they run out of those, they have to charge into melee with their dagger. Andy told me so.

rangerjohn said:
Well now we know why Mystic Theurge is balanced now. He gets lots of low level spells which are practically useless. Of course he can spend all day casting spells just to say he is doing so, by the time he has cast all his 1 min level spells to join the battle the fighters will have probably killed the enemy.

Yes, all the Mystic Theurge's spells are useless. WotC hate wizards, and arcane casting prestige classes, and all the people who play them. Anyone who plays such a character deserves to be made miserable. They will shortly be issuing a press statement to this effect.

rangerjohn said:
I meant with utility spells. But obviously, your not supposed to use those anymore.

Yes, any player caught using a utility spell will be taken out and shot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads