• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 vs. Arcana Unearthed: Which One are You More Excited About?

AU or 3.5: Which One are You More Excited About?

• The Revised Edition

Votes: 147 53.8%
  • Arcana Unearthed

Votes: 150 54.9%

jester47

First Post
I just stare at AU blankly. I don't see it as anything really new. Like taking chess and saying "ok we will put the knights where the bishops are at the start of the game. That should spice things up!" I am excited about 3.5. Mainly I wan't to dich the splat books and I would like corrected clearer rules. I play D&D and the official deal is fine enough for me. The classes and the spell system are what make D&D D&D, and that is what I want to play.

Aaron.

nharwell

Explorer
I guess I'm the exact opposite. I look at the previews for 3.5 and think that, yes, WOTC has recognized many of the problems with 3E -- unfortunately, I don't really care for the way they're trying to "fix" most of them. I much prefer my own revisions.

Likewise, as a GM, I'm tired of having to shoehorn any world I create. Contrary to the claims, D&D is not "generic" -- there is an implied setting and, after 15 years of playing/running in it, I'm tired of it. I'm ready for something new. AU allows me to try that while still using a system that people are familiar with.

I'll be buying the revised books when they hit the shelves. The revisions interest me and look like they'll enhance the game.

I'll probably flip through Arcana Unearthed at the store.

Patrick Y.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads